I need Master's help on my S13 240SX

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
chuhaoyuan
Car: S13 240SX

Hello everyone. really wish not bother you guys too much. I had a 240SX about two years now. However since last time had a fuel injector issue, I haven't start the car about a year. Now I replaced fuel injector, spark plugs, ignition wire. the car cannot start, or I'd like to say car starts, but cannot even reach idle speed, felt like only one or two cylinder is firing. after I remove the spark plug to inspect it. I noticed one spark plug already all the way turned to black. One is still like new. :wtf2: And I can smell gas from cylinder also from exhaust pipe. I am really confused now. Anyone can tell me what's next step is? My 240sx is a 1991 240SX manual with only 40K original miles, also I live in DFW area. Thanks guys. Mahalo! :mike :mike :mike

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Did you accidentally change your spark plug wires around? It almost sounds like it is firing out of order.
If you think you are running rich, try pulling your fuel pump fuse to see if there's a time when the car runs normally prior to running out of fuel pressure and dying.

chuhaoyuan
Car: S13 240SX

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 am
Did you accidentally change your spark plug wires around? It almost sounds like it is firing out of order.
If you think you are running rich, try pulling your fuel pump fuse to see if there's a time when the car runs normally prior to running out of fuel pressure and dying.
Thanks Bro reply my post. I checked my wires, I think should be connect correctly. My car can fire up, but I have to push the gas paddle down. Also the car is shacking so bad, and felt like only one cylinder is firing. At last, there is gas spill from the exhaust pipe with white smoke.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 am
try pulling your fuel pump fuse to see if there's a time when the car runs normally prior to running out of fuel pressure and dying.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”