I need LT1 help!

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
nissan_350sx
Car: 2 - 1990 hatches/92 super hicas

So here's the story.

I've had this lt1 sitting here for a while. It's out of a 95 firebird formula. The only things I know for sure that were done to it are an lt4 hot cam and its got a chip (not sure of what else). The formula ran high 12's when the motor was pulled.

Now I had been trying to figure out what to do with it when it hit me - s13. So I picked up another hatch a couple days ago. Problem is... I can't seem to find anything about an LT1/s13 swap.

I know a guy on here named aries did it - but none of the pictures or links in his threads work. And i know of the infamous 240z (i think his name is darius?).

I need a lot of help. everything from wiring diagram to tips on crossmember placement, how to keep power steering (and if possible AC), will the stock driveshaft hold up?, will the firebird oil pan work or will i need to pull one off a c4 vette? Questions and problems like that.

And before anyone says it - NO, i don't want an ls1. I already have an lt1 and i prefer the excess low end torque, plus this motor was cheaper (a lot cheaper) than an ls1, and it puts out more power with the cam and chip.

Thanks guys!

nissan_350sx

no one has anything??

Acidz
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX w/2JZ

well...since u cant seem to find anything ur best bet is to drop the motor in and see how it fits and see what needs to be changed...make custom engine mounts...change the oil pan if needed...cut the cross member just mark everything down and change it..wiring get both FSMs and do the wiring...driveshaft needs to be custom made...

Stev0n
Car: 90 LS13.5 M6
08 HD Superglide 106ci M6
94 Ranger
97 mercury sable
96 Rape Van

Yeah, Aries dropped an lt1 in his car YEARS ago.

I actually haven't seen him on here in a long time, he's probably still lurking around somewhere.

Chris (blown240sx) used to have videos online of his ls1 swap. get ahold of him, he might be able to help you out.

If you've got a t56 tranny, i would think you could use the tranny mounts and crossmember from hinson supercars.

sorry i cant be more help, but i've always thought it would be cool to see an lt1 in an s13. Good Luck!

nissan_350sx

thanks acidz & stev0n.

about the wiring. everything should plug right in since i'm using the lt1 ecu...shouldn't it?

and then all i would have to wire would be like tach, speedo, that sort of thing?

and will i need to notch my oil pan, or is there another pan that will fit an lt1 that is smaller? like the gto pan for ls1 swaps.

SlidinSideWayzSR
Car: 1990 240sx SR. // 1991 240 SR.

hey im in the process of do the swap right now as far as we can tell we r just useing the stock pan and pounding the firewall out to sit it back farther to line up with the ****er hole and it should clear once it back that far let me know what u have all donw with yours email or post message here dont matter [email protected]

Return to “Hybrids”