I NEED LIFT!!!

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
okieboy
Car: 82 720 KingKab

Ok here is what I am about to do...

Going to lift my truck but not for sure how I should go about this... I have looked and looked and found lots of people that have done it but not many who have wrote about the process or how/what they used to do so...

Found lots of sites selling lifts but... If you haven't seen the pics of my truck you might not understand but I don't want to just throw alot of money at it... Right now anyway...

I did find this guy on craigslist that has the upper A-Arms for sell and some used but good ball joints he is going to throw in for like $80.00 US.

I just don't know if I should buy that... Or buy the kit from http://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/for like $250.00

Another question I have been looking into is what kinda tire/wheel combo I should go with... The ones on it are ok... but this thing need to look a little scarier... Again finding stuff on craigslist but... Can I fit a chevy 6 lug on my truck? I read and it seems I will be able to but I am not confident and haven't got to test yet. I measured and it seems my wheel has has a 5.5" differnece from lug to lug across.

Anyway just wanting some feed back. Anyone have a carb for a z22 laying around? I have one for a z24 I slightly modified for to fit my truck but I would like either the actual carb for mine, or i might break down for the webber again... Haven't decieded... Thanks for the help sorry to lazy to fix spelling... lol

Nskeeter99
Car: 81 720 4x4

the arms will give you about 2 inches. those and a 3 inch body lift and you can run 31s no issur, exept the engen dosent have a lot of power to move them. the chevy and toyota wheel will fit. the old chevy the new ones while the stud holes will line up the hole in the center is not big enough.

okieboy

Ok since last post I have done a couple of things. Got different wheels/tires, some sweet craigslist scores.

Thanks for the reply, I don't think I body lift will help me much. and I am thinking now I will just leave the rest stock/what is on it now. The only thing that might get upgraded is the carb.

Right now I have a z24 carb on my z22... Not the best fit, but I am making it work. Anyone that might have a clue as to what the extra s*** is on it and don't mind letting me know, I would appreciate it.

Here is a picture I took last night after I got the wheels on, still doing this and that to it, but trying to get it ready for the river in a couple of weeks.

Nskeeter99
Car: 81 720 4x4

well being this is not yoru daily drive you could always do an SAS. I did one on my truck plan on 33s and could run 38s no issue. you could also get aobut 2-3 inchs on the cheep up front by z ing the fram. just cut it just befor the cab mont. bring the top of the frame down to abount and inch from the bottom of the cab side of the fram. slap some stips of steel on the sides and some gusstes youll be good to go. see this on a lot of mud trucks

Project Trucker
Car: Datsun 720 pickup

you should build custom fender and hood for ur truck

okieboy

Custom fenders are definitely on the list. Something to keep the mud/sand off me just a little haha.

Project Trucker
Car: Datsun 720 pickup

i have autocad and when i need something custome builte i run it on that first then end up building it its the way to go for custome builds

Return to “Datsun 720”