I need confirmation bros. Cheating Ex's new BF wants a little race.

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
MichaelRobinz33n

So my girlfriend has been cheating on me. That's over, but now her new boyfriend wants to race me in his almighty challenger SXT. :facepalm:

I have a stock 06 350z. Only mod I have is a stage 2 clutch and a lighter flywheel. I have taken down 3 challenger R/T's one by a car length. But I just wanted to make sure there isn't some sort of Voodoo magic isn't these new 2015 V6's..... hahaha

Has anyone with a DE raced an SXT? how did it go?

Edit: My besy friend owns about a 3 lane wide, mile stretch of pavement on his farmland. It's completely private and I will be racing him there.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

MichaelRobinz33n

That is a matter of opinion and not helpful to my question.

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

Sounds like the ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend aren't worth your time or gasoline.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I'm not into drag racing, but if you look at the stats, a stock 2015 SXT shows a half second slower in the 1/4 mile than a stock 2006 350Z. But another way to view this "Marty-McFly-don't-call-me-chicken" challenge, is that you are kinda in a lose-lose situation if you decide to race him. On paper, your car is quicker, plus you've done a couple mods. So if you win, its a hollow victory because on paper you're supposed to win. But if you lose, he's gonna brag that you suck because you got spanked by what's supposed to be a slower car. If your main goal is to irritate that guy, I think there are better ways to do it than a drag race. For example, if he gives you grief, you could remind him that not only have you seen his GF naked, if she cheated on you, then he shouldn't be too surprised if/when she eventually does it to him. Besides, I think it would sting his ego far more if you declined racing him because you've already beaten 3 more powerful V8 versions of his car. There's nothing to prove by beating a cheapie 6 cyl "poser" version of a muscle car. Food for thought...

If you do drag race him, good luck and be safe.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

A v6 Charger would be no problem. They have power but the weight isn't in their favor.

With that said, here are few seemingly innocent V6 family sedans and coupes you may give you a decent run for your money:

2015+ Maxima
2005-2006 Altima SE-R
G37s Sedan / Coupe
2013 + V6 Mustang
2016+ Camaro
2014+ Q60
2012+ Taurus SHO

Bonus Unrelated:
92 GMC Typhoon
92 GMC Syclone

MichaelRobinz33n

Bubba1 wrote:I'm not into drag racing, but if you look at the stats, a stock 2015 SXT shows a half second slower in the 1/4 mile than a stock 2006 350Z. But another way to view this "Marty-McFly-don't-call-me-chicken" challenge, is that you are kinda in a lose-lose situation if you decide to race him. On paper, your car is quicker, plus you've done a couple mods. So if you win, its a hollow victory because on paper you're supposed to win. But if you lose, he's gonna brag that you suck because you got spanked by what's supposed to be a slower car. If your main goal is to irritate that guy, I think there are better ways to do it than a drag race. For example, if he gives you grief, you could remind him that not only have you seen his GF naked, if she cheated on you, then he shouldn't be too surprised if/when she eventually does it to him. Besides, I think it would sting his ego far more if you declined racing him because you've already beaten 3 more powerful V8 versions of his car. There's nothing to prove by beating a cheapie 6 cyl "poser" version of a muscle car. Food for thought...

If you do drag race him, good luck and be safe.
Well, I decided to take you're advice. I had a huge meat at my buddies strip. Killed several V8s, and even pulled out a lucky winner on an SRT8 challenger because the guy couldn't drive and had rice patty tires... I never raced him. I blew him off like he was a little kid asking to play with the big boys. Some of my bros jumped in on it and talked about how big of a slut my ex has become. I tried throwing a shot at my car. (It has some pretty bad dings. I drove it through a fence) I told him it looks better than Amelia (ex) did naked. He tried to hit me but I didn't engage with him and some guys dragged him off. Best part, Amelia was there for it all.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Try to keep your posts about the Z, or at least cars in general. All the teen drama is unnecessary and just makes it sound like you're a bad judge of character.

If you do feel the need to post up similar content in the future I suggest looking for a "Dawson's Creek" fan fiction site. If you do it again here I'll edit your post, unless it's too much effort, in which case I'll remove it entirely.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”