I need a new team

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

The NFL is so messed up this year I don't know what is going on. There are only a few teams that are out of it. I do know 1 thing for sure...I need to find another team to cheer for...
I have NEVER like Brad Childress. He is a WORTHLESS coach. He has never used Peterson correctly since the day they drafted him. He HATES Favre with a passion but yet Childress got an extention because of Favre. Do you think it was Childress that made the VIkings good last year? It was Favre and Favre alone. I honestly don't know whether or not they should have got that desperate to beg Favre to come back. It seems like he didn't want to come back.
Everyone puts the blame on Favre but I don't know if that's right. I mean first off he wasn't going to put up the same numbers he did last year but I figured they would still be good. I put more blame on Sidney Rice. He got hurt in the last game of the season but waited until preseason to get surgery? WTF is up with that? However the last time I checked Favre did complete a pass to someone other than Sidney Rice last year so why doesn't he just throw it to one of those guys?
I am sick of everyone giving Farve s***. The man stayed in the game with a broken ankle and played with a broken ankle. How many QBs have got hurt this year? It doesn't have anything to do with him being old unless you want to try and convince me Romo broke his clavical because he's too old.
Either way I don't think the Vikings would be any better without Favre. I mean Jackson? Seriously? I swear Childress has dreams about that guy. What the Vikings needed to do was go after a good FA QB. They could have went after McNabb. But no lets stick with Jackson and Rosenfel.
The team is f*** embarassing and the management if f*** embarassing. How do you cut Randy Moss? Here is an idea...THROW HIM THE f*** BALL. He has a right to b****. Childress had the team take a knee with like 50 seconds to go in the half. How does that make any sense when you have a player like Randy Moss.
Granted there have been some s*** calls (Shanco's TD that was taken away against the packers...and more.) but there is no excuse for this circus Brad Childress is making.
I feel bad for the Vikings players. It's not their fault...maybe Favre's and Rice's but no one else.
Vikings Management, you embarass me...
I need a new team to root for...Who knows how to run a team correctly? Maybe the Pats or the Packers.

UpStar
Car: Y34,CLK500,ML350,H2 Hummer & they all have a spot in the garage.

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:The NFL is so messed up this year I don't know what is going on. There are only a few teams that are out of it. I do know 1 thing for sure...I need to find another team to cheer for...
I have NEVER like Brad Childress. He is a WORTHLESS coach. He has never used Peterson correctly since the day they drafted him. He HATES Favre with a passion but yet Childress got an extention because of Favre. Do you think it was Childress that made the VIkings good last year? It was Favre and Favre alone. I honestly don't know whether or not they should have got that desperate to beg Favre to come back. It seems like he didn't want to come back.
Everyone puts the blame on Favre but I don't know if that's right. I mean first off he wasn't going to put up the same numbers he did last year but I figured they would still be good. I put more blame on Sidney Rice. He got hurt in the last game of the season but waited until preseason to get surgery? WTF is up with that? However the last time I checked Favre did complete a pass to someone other than Sidney Rice last year so why doesn't he just throw it to one of those guys?
I am sick of everyone giving Farve s***. The man stayed in the game with a broken ankle and played with a broken ankle. How many QBs have got hurt this year? It doesn't have anything to do with him being old unless you want to try and convince me Romo broke his clavical because he's too old.
Either way I don't think the Vikings would be any better without Favre. I mean Jackson? Seriously? I swear Childress has dreams about that guy. What the Vikings needed to do was go after a good FA QB. They could have went after McNabb. But no lets stick with Jackson and Rosenfel.
The team is f**king embarassing and the management if f**king embarassing. How do you cut Randy Moss? Here is an idea...THROW HIM THE f**king BALL. He has a right to b****. Childress had the team take a knee with like 50 seconds to go in the half. How does that make any sense when you have a player like Randy Moss.
Granted there have been some s*** calls (Shanco's TD that was taken away against the packers...and more.) but there is no excuse for this circus Brad Childress is making.
I feel bad for the Vikings players. It's not their fault...maybe Favre's and Rice's but no one else.
I need a new team to root for...Who knows how to run a team correctly? Maybe the Pats or the Packers.

The team got better when Favre arrived. The true potential was exposed with his talent, but I'm not so quick to say it was Favre alone that made them great last year. It’s still a team effort.

People love to hate and Favre is the man right now if you are into hating. Regardless of what is said or done about him he will go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game. As for the Randy situation, bad move! The coach and Vikings organization were out of line!

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:The NFL is so messed up this year I don't know what is going on. There are only a few teams that are out of it. I do know 1 thing for sure...I need to find another team to cheer for...
The team is f**king embarassing and the management if f**king embarassing. How do you cut Randy Moss? Here is an idea...THROW HIM THE f**king BALL. He has a right to b****. Childress had the team take a knee with like 50 seconds to go in the half. How does that make any sense when you have a player like Randy Moss.
May I suggest the NY Giants.... :bigthumb:

It sounds like Moss got released for doing the same thing in Minnesota that got him dumped by New England. he won't STFU. He went public criticizing the coaching staff. Something more coaches in the league no longer tolerate.

I think Childress has made some errors but not for the reasons you think. Fark Favre's consecutive game record. He should have been benched. Favre may have hall of fame credentials, but he's among the lowest rated passers this year. Add his injuries which makes him much less mobile, and defenses can now concentrate on Peterson. They have nothing to lose by benching Favre at this point.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:

The team got better when Favre arrived. The true potential was exposed with his talent, but I'm not so quick to say it was Favre alone that made them great last year. It’s still a team effort.

People love to hate and Favre is the man right now if you are into hating. Regardless of what is said or done about him he will go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game. As for the Randy situation, bad move! The coach and Vikings organization were out of line!
It's easy to dislike Farve. Off the field sleaze aside, he's having his worst year as a pro. He's among the worst rated passers this year. He may be first ballot HOF, but he is currently not the best quarterback on the Minnesota Vikings. Both he and Childress should recognize that and take time off and heal up. Its time to see what Jackson can do.

vikesfankevin1986

At least someone speaks their mind. Childress is worthless and someone finally said it. Why did Childress not challenge that Packers TD? He would have won that one. Why did he knee the ball with almost a minute to go after getting a first down when you have Randy Moss?
Being a Vikings fan I think I would know if the coach is the problem or not. And its not like they are trying to use Moss. Lets bring back the Randy Ratio

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

infiniti_lineup wrote:Steelers
Too easy to root for them. They win too often. How about the Detroit Lions.

timmy0257
Car: 08 Infiniti G35 Journey 5AT
-R2C Intake
-interior LEDs w/ tag lights
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

Future Mods include GT-Spec strut bar & more.

Bubba1 wrote:
infiniti_lineup wrote:Steelers
Too easy to root for them. They win too often. How about the Detroit Lions.

Kansas City?? Look at what they have done this year....

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

timmy0257 wrote:
Kansas City?? Look at what they have done this year....
Yep, KC is doing well this year. How about 'da Buffalo Bills? They need some love.

vikesfankevin1986

Can't go with the Giants...can't stand Eli
Not a fan of rapistberger...
Detroit would be fun to root for but it seems like they play to get the first draft pick lol. They are coming around though. They are solid this year.

Return to “The Sports Bar”