I'm sure it's been asked 1000 times over

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
love_my_gt
Car: '78 Datsun 620

I can't seem to find a post with a good write up or parts list. What all will I need to put a ka24de in my 78 620? It currently has a stock l20 in it with over 245k mi on it. It's been family owned since it was new. The old motor is just overly tired. When my uncle stopped driving the truck it was " rode hard and put away wet". So rather then go to the trouble of gettin the l20 rebuilt I would like to go with a ka24de and preferribly the tranny out of a 240sx. The motor I could rob from a hard body this I don't mind. I want the tranny from a 240 to get a little peppier gear ratio.

How does the front end of the chassis and the cross member on our trucks compare to that in a 510 or a bluebird?

So if anyone would be able to help me out with this I'd greatly appreciate it.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

the crossmembers are definitely different... the engine out of a truck should make clearing all of that a non-issue though. in order to get the engine in... you'll need custom motor mounts, custom tranny mounts and in the case of using a 240sx tranny you'll prolly need a custom drive shaft as well

those are the basics.... the rest comes down to making everything work which is all engine and trans specific... nothing 'big'

Return to “Datsun 620”