I'm starting to think he was good enough: A Colin Kaepernick Story

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
RCA

NFL Owner Testifies Under Oath that He Changed His Mind About Hiring Kaepernick After Trump’s Comments Bonus watching material: Many people confuse the freedom of speech and freedom of consequences. Some groups claim "freedom of speech" when a show they like gets canceled because the star that they politically agree with tweets super racist garbage. The current situation with Colin Kaepernick is as 1A of an issue as it gets. The dude's stats were legit and it seems like we now know that there was pressure from the head of the Executive branch to not hire someone because of his political believes.

Would love to know what you guys/gals think.

flartius
Car: 1996 - Nissan 240sx SE RB25DET
2008 - Yamaha YZF-R6 - SOLD
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

I am a vet, first and foremost, if I owned a team he and all others who kneel during the National Anthem would be on a no hire list. But I also like the post the educating liberals tweeted out last week(?) If all these players are sooo held down by the system and is sooo against how minorities are treated, why aren't they doing things away from the field? Maybe a few of them genuinely care and do something about it, but I think the rest are just trying to 'raise their stock' sort of speak.

Unfortunately with the way the media handles news, if every player who kneeled last season were actively engaged in changing things no one would know about it because it doesn't get ratings...

But I have to agree with President Trump; if you don't like something feel free to say something, however, to disrespect the National Anthem, the country you call home and allows you to make more money than 90% of the population playing a game you should instead leave. Go find another place to call home... As a veteran I found it very distasteful and disrespectful to all my brothers and sisters who were left on the battlefield.

Just my $.02

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

^^
You are missing the entire point of the protest

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/nfl-49 ... nate-boyer

"As Kaepernick later explained, his protest had nothing to do with the military. He was protesting police violence against minorities. After talking with Army vet and former Seahawks long snapper Nate Boyer, Kaepernick decided that, in order to show respect for those who have served, he would no longer sit during the anthem. Boyer suggested a new form of protest…"

You are not alone. Even the POTUS missed the point and is incapable of understanding

I am a vet also and they have every right to knee just like we had the right to protest the war back in the late sixties and seventies

Telcoman

flartius
Car: 1996 - Nissan 240sx SE RB25DET
2008 - Yamaha YZF-R6 - SOLD
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

No, I didn't miss the point. I know why he is doing it and I am all for him voice his right, although I wish these athletes would do more than just bend a knee, but he has chose the wrong platform to make his protest on; in my opinion and that is what you asked for, my opinion.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Some choose to do something good

LeBron James opened a public school in Akron for at-risk kids

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/7/30/ ... hool-akron

"In Akron, Ohio, it’s the first day of school for 240 at-risk students who will be attending the inaugural year of the I Promise School — and it’s all thanks to LeBron James. The NBA superstar created the school as an extension of the LeBron James Family Foundation to give kids opportunities to thrive despite difficult life situations."

Others like our POTUS call women dogs,grab them by their genitals, and cheat on their wives.

Telcoman

RCA

RCA wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:28 pm
Would love to know what you guys/gals think.
flartius wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:08 am
Just my $.02
Just a heads up for those responding...

The issue at hand isn't whether or not you like how Kaepernick protested, that has been covered on this site.

The issue is that we know Kaepernick was good enough to play in the NFL and he wasn't offered an opportunity because the President of the United States put political pressure on NFL owners.

If this is true, this is a freedom of speech issue as clear as day.

I would like to know how you guys feel about Trump violating the the 1st amendment of the Constitution?

wa-chiss
Car: 1990 Nissan S13 H/C KA24E
2005 Toyota Sequoia
1976 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I'm not sure what I believe is more:

1: Kaepernick was squeezed out of the NFL for being the "Instigator"
or
2: There were better players than him.

IDK, maybe a little of both. Someone else with the exact same talent as Kaepernick, but without the drama, I can see teams not choosing Kaepernick. After all, it's been described as a business. Baggage isn't good for business. And with that baggage comes distraction. Again, distraction isn't good for business. You bring baggage and distraction to the field...........game over. Regardless of what Trump said or did, I think Kaepernick was already on his way out or at most 3rd string. Trump has no more business stepping in on how the NFL treats it's players than I have telling him how to run the country. And I might be wrong, but didn't a team offer him a position but he declined the pay?

RCA

wa-chiss wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:57 pm
1: Kaepernick was squeezed out of the NFL for being the "Instigator"
or
2: There were better players than him.
I posted this in the original post.
He was demonstrably better then many QBs when he left.
Better than many starters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I0cUTXwr-k

RCA

THIS IS WHY ATHLETES TOOK A KNEE

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 02784.html

North Carolina is an open carry no permit needed state.

Man legally carrying outside of restaurant stopped by police and told to put his gun on the ground, so to comply with officers he reaches towards his holster to drop the gun and is murdered.

Police hid body cam footage of the incident for months.

Police can not be allowed to keep themselves accountable.

I wonder what the NRAs take is on this?

RCA

Squiggles
Car: 2018 QX80

He's probably still better than most backups in the league. It was clearly not just a football decision, but it doesn't necessarily have to be I guess. It's odd that this became such a rallying point for some people but they're fine with the all the sexual assault. Ray Lewis obstructed a double murder investigation that he most likely committed or conspired to at the least and there wasn't near the outrage.

Return to “Politics Etc.”