I'm new to VIP styling. Look at my M45 and tell me what you think.

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
m45staggered22
Car: 2004 infiniti m45

I read up on what i smeant by vip styling and i think I have the look down anyway but I dont have my car slammed I doubt I can do it on these 22s. I dont know how to add the pics on here so im just sharing the link to my car

http://cardomain.com/id/geestacks

SikNLow
Car: '03 G35 Sedan - VIPstyle, 72 Datto 510 2 dr with 12a rotary

you have one of the best platform vehicles in my opinion ever!!!

I love that body style since it distinctly separates itself from the older body style and yet still wasn't all super bubble round hahahaha

My opinion on your particular choice in wheels? I would honestly say that those wheels don't do your ride justice man. The grill would look sick if it was the same color as the body so a hood mascot would stand out sick like. and just to give you some inspiration check out one of my favorite builds same gen as yours...

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

you're pretty far off, not to say that your car isn't nice in its own way.

1) a non-slammed (or at least heavily dropped) car will never be vip.

2) you're using the wrong parts for vip. everything you have done is "dub" styled. there seems to be a lot of confusion on nico as to the difference between styles.

2a) vip is not about fitting the biggest wheel, its about fitting the best fitting wheel, while slammed of course (see #1).

2b) accents (grill for example) are usually refined and elegant rather than "all in yo face" baller.

you got a nice platform to work with regardless of what style you choose to go with. right now theres not really anything vip about it, but everything doesn't have to be vip to look good.

m45staggered22
Car: 2004 infiniti m45

Thank you for your comments thus far but the car on display is not even an Infiniti. I think that grill looks better too but it doesn't really fit this model. The whole front end is completely different and the bumpers. I wouldn't mind buying a set of those bumpers though to really set this M45 off. And to be honest the slammed look isn't in style anymore anyway so I guess I'm not riding "VIP" but I will have more upgrades to come.

Slider4105
Car: 2008 G35 Journey 5AT

psssst...That's what your car is in JDM land....

heliochrome85
Car: 2006 G35 Sport Coupe Athens Blue/Slate with Sport and Premium Packages--SOLD

JDM= Japanese Domestic Market.

the more you know!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I like it. Of course, I think the 03-04 M45's are one of Nissan's BEST designs, but very few people share that opinion.

And, as someone said above, the car in the Aimgain pic above IS the same car as yours.

Also, peek at Junction Produce website for a sick M45, full-on VIP style.

jadeM45
Car: Pending

Yeah your car is more in line with the "DUB" style. Its nice but in my opinion the rims are too big for the car and it needs to be dropped. Our cars in Japan are the Y34 Cedric and Gloria. Both cars are pretty much the same with some different styling cues. The frame an most of the metal are identical to our cars. The bumpers, head lights, Grill, tails are different though.

Good luck with the build and don't worry about styles as much as building a car that you like.

SikNLow
Car: '03 G35 Sedan - VIPstyle, 72 Datto 510 2 dr with 12a rotary

m45staggered22 wrote:.....but the car on display is not even an Infiniti.

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

That is a sweet ride bro. Yeah, so the wheels are not necessarily VIP, and it's not dumped. Look at mine. I want it dumped and some sweet wheels, just not in my budget for now. Do what you do bro. I like that you know you're not VIP but still sharing with us. Welcome aboard!

AZhitman wrote:I like it. Of course, I think the 03-04 M45's are one of Nissan's BEST designs, but very few people share that opinion.
I am in agreement with you sir. There's a charcoal M at a local dealership with black interior. Super sexy.

tigersharkdude
Car: 1999 Nissan Maxima

I WANT AN 03 M45 SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BADBLACK OF COURSE

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Go get that charcoal one Brad. Not like you can't have it painted.

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

Those rims are huge lol. The car looks good though man. Wish I had an M45. heck, I wish I had an intact and unburnt car...

CakeDaddy
Car: Y34,Pathfinder SE, Mercedes CLK500AMG Sport Pkg & A Fleet of Premium Avis Rental Cars

m45staggered22 wrote: And to be honest the slammed look isn't in style anymore .
hmmmmmm I dont knoooow about that. Those country bamas in the south are the only ones that may agree with you on that. Riding on oversized ugly rims/ lifted cars like they do in the south is a joke and it looks ridiciously. The lowered flushed mounted look will never die.

I'd be curious to hear where my car fits in at (VIP,EXE,DUB,Baller,DONK etc..)If I had to judge it............not vip, but dub style while lowered, sorta of a lost child in the mean streets fighting to fit in. lol

as for the 22's... not a fan of them on this car( the y34) The 22's should be reserved for the larger sedans and banned from smaller cars.

Good look:

I was somewhat impressed with these 22 on the newer M, but... mixed emotions, but 22's on the y34/03/04 M not a good look in my opinion and the strut grill look is kinda played out.

Modified by CakeDaddy at 9:19 AM 8/19/2008
Modified by CakeDaddy at 9:25 AM 8/19/2008

jadeM45

I would say that no gap or slammed are still in. It all depends on the car. I can not stand the big rim no drop look, and def not the donk look.

This is my fav, perfect drop clean kit nice rims.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

CakeDaddy wrote:
Seriously, I was a fan of M45s since I saw them on JP. Seeing this pic ^^^^ makes me love them even more. Why? I was not aware that there's no metal going up over the windows (attached to the door, like G50's and dozens of other cars). That looks so sexy. Man.

CakeDaddy
Car: Y34,Pathfinder SE, Mercedes CLK500AMG Sport Pkg & A Fleet of Premium Avis Rental Cars

jltibbs wrote:
Seriously, I was a fan of M45s since I saw them on JP. Seeing this pic ^^^^ makes me love them even more. Why? I was not aware that there's no metal going up over the windows (attached to the door, like G50's and dozens of other cars). That looks so sexy. Man.
yeah.. this rocket has no door frames. This really messes with people sometimes.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

PantherRacer wrote:Heck, I wish I had an intact and unburnt car...
What are you talking about? Did something happen to your G50?

stroked347
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45

i'm looking at getting a bodykit on the M right after winter...

I'm down to the auto-couture kit or the aimgain...both are really clean and from what i can see, nice fitting...

so, my question is:

Does anyone on the forum have a contact for ordering these kits??

I know there are a few sites I can go through but i'd prefer going through a forum member if possible...

all help is appreciated!

CakeDaddy

stroked347 wrote:i'm looking at getting a bodykit on the M right after winter...

I'm down to the auto-couture kit or the aimgain...both are really clean and from what i can see, nice fitting...

so, my question is:

Does anyone on the forum have a contact for ordering these kits??

I know there are a few sites I can go through but i'd prefer going through a forum member if possible...

all help is appreciated!
Your only contact is going to be what you found on the web sites. Now, Mark aka MrMark on these forums is the best source if you choose to go with the Junction Pro kit. Mr Mark is the only one that I've seen with a COMPLETE kit on the y34... good luck

stroked347

I was guessing that was the response i'd get just due to the rarity of these kits, but thanks for the info!

I know a few people currently living in japan so I'm gonna talk to them and see what they can do for me. This project won't be started til spring anyways so i figure i've got some time to put together some contacts.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

That's awesome. Let's see some pics!

CakeDaddy

stroked347 wrote:I was guessing that was the response i'd get just due to the rarity of these kits, but thanks for the info!

I know a few people currently living in japan so I'm gonna talk to them and see what they can do for me. This project won't be started til spring anyways so i figure i've got some time to put together some contacts.
yeah... sorry bout that and keep in mind that the car is rare

stroked347

just got a response from Aimgain, and I'll admit it wasn't what I was expecting...

They say the kit will NOT fit the Infiniti m45. I was under the impression that the Cedric/Gloria models in japan were identical to the M45. (aside from the different grill/headlights on the Cedric.)

Can anyone confirm this? Any help is appreciated

CakeDaddy

stroked347 wrote:just got a response from Aimgain, and I'll admit it wasn't what I was expecting...

They say the kit will NOT fit the Infiniti m45. I was under the impression that the Cedric/Gloria models in japan were identical to the M45. (aside from the different grill/headlights on the Cedric.)

They are correct. The grill, front & rear bumpers are all cut different and will not fit unless you do some serious modifications.

mrmark

stroked347 wrote:just got a response from Aimgain, and I'll admit it wasn't what I was expecting...

Email me: [email protected]

jadeM45

Ok from what I know as long as its not a lip kit it should fit without too much work. I know you will either need to remove your front impact inforcement or have it shaved to fit under the bumper.

Mark is this right or wrong? You got the JP kit to fit.

MySXisSlowerThanUrs
Car: Toyota Mr2, Nissan 350z, 89 Piggy 240sx

Needs quite a bit esp. to get rid of those 22's

LuckyBoyOne3
Car: 1998 Q45

That car needs to go on a wheel diet and come down off the ladder its standing on. Definetly NOT VIP style.

That slammed style will never be "not in style anymore"

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I just thing you need to get a Nissan logo for that front grill. Do some modifications and put it on bags. That way you can keep it at normal ride height while driving the slam it when you park. Just my opinion.

Return to “VIP Forum”