I'm kind angry..wiper installation , rain x

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
trellaine
Car: 2010 VersaHatch SL/Nav package

I had an oil change about 3-6 months ago. I bought third party wiper blades (rain x) based on reviews. I had the nissan dealership install them while my car was being serviced.

And for 3 months my wipers have been terribly annoying. Squeaking like crazy. To the point where I didn't want to use them. But living on the wet coast it's a must.

Finally I went back today to have an oil change. I mentioned the blades were installed by them and asked them to check.

He comes back and says their installed properly. I am wtf.

I just thought they should own up or at least when they put them on 3 months ago let me know they squeaked badly.

I read a lot of forums and these rain x blades were recommended for my 2010 versa hatch.

They service consultant gave me no reason for the blade problem. :(

Needless to say I'm not going back to give them business anymore.

I had to get new blades again today for a price of course.

Don't the rain x blades work on a versa hatch 2010.

Thanks

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I doubt the dealership tested the blades after they installed them. I personally don't like to drag them on a dry windshield, for fear of scratching something. They just snap on and you're done, so not much to test. Honestly I'm surprised they installed an aftermarket part for you in the first place...

If you're dissatisfied with the blades, I'd probably just switch to something else. In my experience the factory blades tend to work best and last longer than any aftermarket blades I've tried - although opinions vary on that.

Heath

trellaine

Yah i just had them put whatever they had in stock ....not sure they had stock ones....looks the packaging was one tridon? and on bosch?

I learned a lesson I guess. I just read alot of good things about the Rain-x and had to really search to find the shortest one.

Then to have them not work properly-sucked.

Hopefully these ones work ok. Just waiting for a good rain. Should be any day here on the wet coast lol

Thanks for your reply

kennethbokor
Car: 2008 SL w/Sport Package & Moonroof

Hi I change out just the rubber strips once per year with OEM Nissan items. I buy them from the dealer and they are a bit pricey, but never have any problems. I never change out the wiper brackets, only the rubber strips.

That would be my recommendation. Works excellent.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

do yourself a favor: clean your windshield correctly, and THEN see the performance of the new blades.

as you drive in the rain, the cars in front of you are kicking up rain that has landed on the ground and mixed with oils (engine oil, transmission fluid, engine coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, transfercase fluid, differential fluid, gas, diesel, etc) that have leaked out of cars = and landing on your windshield. then your wipers smear it. wonderful... :tisk:

you can try windex. you can try variously branded "window cleaners" = but nothing works as well as this trick: DISH WASHING SOAP.
yes, i said it: dish washing liquid. you see, its a natural degreaser, and a darn good one too. here is what you'll need:

1 empty spray bottle
2-3 table spoons of regular, non-lotion dish washing liquid soap.
1 soft dish washing sponge. (do NOT use the rough green scrubber side)
garden hose or bucket of water or a gallon of regular water (to rinse the soap off)
add the 2-3 table spoons of regular dish washing soap into the bottle, and then slowly add warm water until the bottle is ALMOST full.
then give the bottle a good shake. let that dish washing soap really mix about.

go outside and spray down your windshield with the soap mixture you made.
use your sponge to wash your windshield, the same as you would your dishes. work in circles. push gently.
keep spraying and adding fresh soapy solution to the window.
then wash off with the water.
then dry it with a paper towel, and you will feel a WORLD of a difference. you will get that clean feeling you get from your dishes.
your window will actually feel grippy and clean. its going to literally grip the paper towel!
  • TIP: dont forget to clean your windshield wipers too! they collect dirt & grease as well.
    TIP: dont get this solution on your paint job. being a degreaser, it removes any wax that you may have applied
    TIP: you should do PRIOR to applying RainX. otherwise you will clog the dirt below the rainX and get even worse vision
    TIP: detail shops will also take a regular razor blade, and carefully glide it downward on the window to scrub away and grit and grime that has caked on. this is the method they use prior to window tint installation.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSN2yRMgT58[/youtube]

trellaine

fun :) i already changed my blades back to the manufacturers or similar.

But good tip on washing the windows.

Wouldn't this be the same as going through a car wash? Or is the manual scrubbing better ?

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

trellaine wrote:fun :) i already changed my blades back to the manufacturers or similar.

But good tip on washing the windows.

Wouldn't this be the same as going through a car wash? Or is the manual scrubbing better ?
car wash doesnt use DISH WASHING SOAP. thats the key here. dish washing soap is a natural degreaser, which is exactly what your windows need to be 100% streak free from grease buildup

trellaine

very interesting :) i will give this method a try

Return to “Versa General Chat”