I'm having problems with my 2010 Nissan Versa sedan

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Casey1987
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa

I'm going to take the vehicle to a repair place soon, but I thought I'd ask here first to see what you all might think. The car's been behaving very inconsistently lately. The various gears stop working properly at random, only for the issue to later resolve itself just as suddenly as it started. On most days the car functions normally, but sometimes it will only creep forward at a crawl and refuse to accelerate even if you push the pedal to the floor; at others the car is completely immobile. There's also times where the Reverse shift randomly craps out. Generally, one of the two functions properly; I can't remember if Drive and Reverse have ever been impaired at the same time, though I wouldn't say for sure that it's never happened. The malfunctioning gear can sometimes change from Drive to Reverse very quickly; the car might be coasting forward at a snail's pace but be able to drive backwards just fine, only for things to suddenly change three minutes later so that it accelerates forward normally, but coasts back in Reverse very slowly. Sometimes turning the ignition off for a few minutes fixes things, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm within walking distance of both my job and a nearby convenience store, so I've managed to get by, but I hope I can get this fixed. A car repairman might have trouble replicating the problem if I bring it in; sometimes the car drives fine for three weeks before I have a problem day, other times it has issues three days in one week.

Return to “Versa General Chat”