"I'm driving" text reply

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

How do I stop the "I'm driving" text replies?

When driving my 2014 Rogue (bluetooth connected) and I get a text the phone automatically sends an "I'm driving" reply.

Apparently it's a Nissan Connect feature. You can turn it off, but it goes right back on next time you're in the car. Any solutions?

phjake
Car: 2015 Murano SL

Press settings and go to bluetooth (first option in my car) and scroll down until you see auto reply and just turn it off. The manual says you have to push the apps button but that didn't do anything.

There was no mention of this being part of Nissan Connect, and is just a setting in Bluetooth. We have a 2015 Rogue and don't have this problem.

jklep
Car: 2008 Frontier CC SB 4.0L v6 Auto

I have a 2015 Frontier, and I'm having this problem. I go to "Settings > Bluetooth > Auto Reply" and turn it OFF, but every time I shut the truck off and turn it back on again, it goes back to ON and doesn't remember any of my other bluetooth settings, including that I shut the vehicle off with Bluetooth OFF, yet it still automatically turns on. Nissan Consumer Affairs said "we know about it" but have stated the "software guys are too busy to deal with it" and now are giving me the silent treatment (2+ months).

If you learn anything, please let us know!

Maximus099
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

It does seem to reactivate the message once the vehicule is shut off and restarted so we have to do the steps each time. Not smart from nissan.

jklep

Maximus099 wrote:It does seem to reactivate the message once the vehicule is shut off and restarted so we have to do the steps each time. Not smart from nissan.
That is the same thing with mine. I also tested it with 3 different phones (mine and the phones of a one of the salesmen and one of the service techs at the Nissan dealership), same issue for all of them.

I am at the point where I'm trying anything short of tearing the radio out. I have a few tech/geek friends (I'm a geek as well) looking into it for me as well, hoping we can find something, anything. I'll keep all posted if I learn something.

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

I deleted Nissan Connect from my phone and that stopped the "I'm driving" replies.

jklep

CapeCodChips wrote:I deleted Nissan Connect from my phone and that stopped the "I'm driving" replies.
All well and good, but does it still read your texts to you when they come in? I want it to read my texts to me, but just stop auto-replying.

Maximus099

I don't even have the Nissan connect on my phone and it stills sends out the message. I even setup a different reply message in the bluetooth settings in the vehicle and it still goes back to the "I'm driving' message once the vehicle is restarted.

Maximus099

I'm due for an oil change soon so I'll bring it up with the service guys. thanks

Klolkema
Car: Altima

I just recently bought 2015 altima from the local dealer. I have had the same problem with texting. Service dept. sent me to sales and sales tried to send me back to service. Then I got the sales people to see my problem. We all agreed it is a Nissan tech problem and started a service campaign to Nissan for an update to change the default settings in the software. The more campaigns we have the sooner they will fix it.

azaleagirl
Car: 2016 Rogue

2016 Rogue, I had the same problem. Finally figured out a work around. Un-pair your blue tooth phone. Then go into settings and turn off the auto reply option. Then go back and pair your phone. This worked for me and it has not gone back to auto reply since I did this. It does read my texts, just no annoying auto reply.

driftwood7
Car: 2016 Nissan Versa Note SV

I had the same problem. I had to change the auto reply setting to off every time I got in the car because the setting just wouldn't save. (None of the other Bluetooth options would save either, except for the phone).

To fix mine, I followed these instructions to do a factory reset:

-Power off stereo
-Hold down 1 button while turning volume knob counter clockwise until the service menu comes up
-Select confirmation/adjustment
-Select initialize settings. It will power down for a minute then come back up.

Doing this will reset clock, preset channels, and all your other settings, so you'll have to reset all those to your liking.

So far it seems to be working perfectly for me! People who text me no longer get that annoying, "I'm driving -from My Car" message!

psa
Car: 2014 Nissan Altima

The above post by @driftwood7 worked for me! Here it is:

Thank you!

I followed the steps exactly:
- Pressed the power button to turn the console off.
- Held "1" (that is, the preset number 1 under the screen) WHILE turning the volume knob counter clockwise, and eventually within a few seconds, the screen came up.
I did the reset as written in the post.
After that I had to fix all my settings, but it seemed to remember my phone, didn't have to re-pair that.
I connected my phone, then I change the Bluetooth setting for Auto reply to OFF.
I turned off my car, turned on my car, waited for it to connect, then checked the setting and Auto reply was still OFF!

Thank you for your post!

Moulin Rogue
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue

My mom has a 2016 that does this. When I first saw that text I though "wow that's rude"

If you knew my mom, you'd also know I wasn't surprised.

Avenlanzer
Car: 2017 Sentra

This worked! Thank you Driftwood!

Icharus
Car: Nissan Altima

I have had my 2018 Altima for just over a year now and I have been unsuccessful at trying to get it to stop sending the automatic replies unless I turn it off every time I start the car.
I recently found the steps posted above for resetting the head unit. I tried with great excitement and held my breath.
Alas, I let out a huge sigh.
It seems that it works for some people, but in my case, I tried resetting the unit twice. Each time I re-paired my phone and each time the automatic reply reverted to its On state.

Does anyone else have a possible solution to this problem?

Thank you!

DTASFAB

What kind of phone?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

I had a similar problem with my DD, a Honda CRV LX. However the CRV does not have such a setting in the head unit (at least not in the base model). Anyway I had a Samsung Galaxy 6 that I had activated driving mode on, which would send out the "I'm Driving" message just like y'all are dealing with.

Have any of you checked your phone settings for this feature? Even if you have it turned off in the car, if the phone says you want to send that message, it's gonna override the car settings and send it.

Icharus

DTASFAB wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:09 am
What kind of phone?
Google Pixel 2 XL

Icharus

Yes, all the settings in the phone for auto reply are off.
I can turn it off in the car manually each time, but when I turn the car off, go to work, and come back to the car, upon starting, the auto reply setting in the car is back to On.

peachjack2002
Car: '15 Nissan Quest

This will work... It started doing it to mine, and every time I turned my car off it did it again.

Turn off radio
Press and hold preset 1 while turning power knob counter clockwise... You will have to do it a over and over...i tried clockwise also but then did counter again and it brought up the menu....just be patient

Select confirmation/adjustment

Select initialize settings at the bottom...

This will delete your time and radio stations but well worth it...power it on and it'll permanently disable once you turn it on then off.

MeInVegas
Car: 2017 Nissan Sentra SV

I have a ‘17 Sentra, and the auto reply “I’m Driving” was killing me. So I factory reset the radio, and when I did that, it turned off the auto reply, but it also took away all the options in my Bluetooth setting for text messaging, I don’t get the notifications on my radio screen anymore. I don’t know about phone calls because I just did it, but is there a way to restore it back? Pleas help.

Solutions007
Car: 2016 Nissan Quest

I searched years to fix this. We have a 2016 Nissan Quest. My husbands S20 Ultra didn't send the auto reply and mine did. So we compared every detail in search.

Most solutions will tell you to turn it off in the cars Bluetooth settings but it doesn't save and reverts back on everytime the car is turned off. We tried everything and finally found the fix.

1. Enter phone Bluetooth and Unpair phone.

2. Enter car Bluetooth and re add phone to car BUT ....

3. This is the main point. When pairing hit DENY ACCESS to both text messages and the contacts/ audio on your phone.

4. Once the phone is paired you can go into the My Car Bluetooth settings in phone bluetooth and click them back on but it won't enable the auto reply.

5. Once you click them back on AFTER pairing Your car will still read texts, and make calls. All the things we want MINUS the Im driving auto reply.

Good luck, this was finally the fix for me after hours of searching. :biggrin:

Return to “Rogue Forum”