I'm back!

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Cams
Car: 1993 Nissan 200sx CA18(DET) RS13
2002 Mitsubishi Airtrek JDM 4G63T (wife)
2013 Scion FR-S
2016 Infiniti QX50

Hello all, just wanting to say that my CA18det is finally back in the house. It took a while, as usual, but it is all good after 3 weeks of daily driving it. 8 psi and mild adjustments to the factory tune via Nistune.

Took the opportunity to install a brand new Wiring Specialties upper and lower harness kit. Car fired right up, highly recommended. Powder coated the valve and belt covers (stock colors tho :) )

Also overhauled the leaky power steering system. I recommend the Gates 348870 (K24e) pump kit, as it works wonders for $15. New ISR (Formerly ISIS) Performance Stainless PS rack lines, new main hoses and relocated reservoir.

New rad hoses with VW T coupler that Zack recommended, Dorman 627-006 for $10, good fitment too.

Other than the madness with the OEM Crankshaft not taking the clevite bearings, the rebuild went well, with a small correction to the head surface, new Felpro gasket and new ARP Main studs.

Next on the list, installing the 2nd catch can for better valve cover breathing, fixing the AC and getting the horn working again (bloody 240sx hub doesn't work for 200sx :facepalm: )

Dirty engine bay coming out of the shop:

Back home with the family. :woot:

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Another one is back on the road!!!

Izento
Car: RPS13

Welcome back! Good to see this thing getting some love.

As for the 240sx hub, it should work for your car. Well, unless maybe you got an S14 hub, as that is in fact different for the horn and airbag stuff. I think the turn signal cancel is different too, but the actual hub itself mounts up just the same.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”