I'm back everyone! (bought for $1,000)

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
98_Q45

Not to interrupt the flow here, but just thought I'd update...was a newbie and kept having issues accessing the site from my phone and ipad...eventually gave up, but now I finally opened the laptop after 4 months.

Anyhow, so the neglected (though only recently neglected, overall in good shape) q45 has finally become the car I wanted it to be. After at least 1200+ in front end/engine fan belt repairs, I was able to drive it from Arizona to Florida last month with 0 breakdown along the way...despite a leaky valve cover gasket that smoked when engine went off (but changed the boots and 4 plugs, and put a little Bardall's No-Smoke...which didn't stop the smoke much but did keep the oil out of the spark tubes and stopped the misfiring).

However, there's still some work to do. Dove into the valve cover gasket today...seems a bit easier than even the v6 Maxima...but still a pain getting thru all the soot and connectors. Rear Suspension needs something, and still no a/c, but seen a site that has the a/c compressors with the drier for $145 online (if I should avoid, someone let me know). I think the neglected oil leak may have caused the compressor to grind and leak and...idk but it doesn't even have a belt on it so won't even try to figure it out.

Hopefully I can assist anyone who needs advice as well...

98_Q45

I actually need advice myself right now. Should I remove the throttle body in order to take the valve cover off? I've been reading the FSM and searching youtube but can't find s*** as far as an exact procedure from start to finish for accessing the valve cover...trying to avoid removing more than I have to, considering I have plenty of extensions handy already removed the IAC along with all connectors.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Welcome back! I'd remove the throttle body either way. It's surely due for a cleaning.

98_Q45

Q451990 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:44 am
Welcome back! I'd remove the throttle body either way. It's surely due for a cleaning.
Well fortunately, I was able to pop it out without removing the throttle body. I just wouldn’t have m know what I was doing if I did that. Unfortunately, I could not find the 4th bolt on it...but if it is where I think it is, looks like whoever did it last, broke it off inside.

I clean the TB with Seafoam every oil change or 2, it was bad when I first bought it...but it’s cleared up now.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”