I'm an idot. Air Bag light help

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
apex2apex
Car: 2013 Altima Coupe S

I did a quick search and it came up with a bunch of posts on the steering wheel AB. If there is something and I missed it I apologize.

Since I tend to think of myself as high speed low drag kind of guy I decided to vinyl the face plates of the radio and the air vents (2013 AC). Apparently you have to disconnect the battery before you remove the airbag light switch (the one next to the hazards button) or else the passenger airbag light will stay on and the warning light on the dash will blink from now until the press shuts their traps about Biebers arrest.

The dealership is the one who told me it was because I failed to unhook the battery that these warnings are present. They also told me it would cost $99.00 to reprogram the system so the warning lights would go away. Without sounding like an egotistical a$$clown, it's not that I cannot afford the $99, it's I have a hard time believing that Joe Snuffy and his almighty thing-a-ma-crap computer system, charging $99 is the only way to fix it. You know how much Makers Mark I can buy with $99? Well...I'm not sure because I math...

Can anyone help me with this?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Try this

- Turn ignition switch ON
- Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off; the turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off
- After ignition switch is turned OFF wait for more than 3 seconds.
- Repeat above steps a total of 3 times

apex2apex

audtatious wrote:Try this

- Turn ignition switch ON
- Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off; the turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off
- After ignition switch is turned OFF wait for more than 3 seconds.
- Repeat above steps a total of 3 times
I appreciate the help however, the airbag lamp never shuts off, ever.

AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Wow, that didn't work for sure? Maybe I could take a vid of my car doing it. I used to mess with my double din A LOT and my airbag light would come on everytime. I would disconnect the airbag light without unplugging batt and I would always perform the reset.

apex2apex

AlexN09 wrote:Wow, that didn't work for sure? Maybe I could take a vid of my car doing it. I used to mess with my double din A LOT and my airbag light would come on everytime. I would disconnect the airbag light without unplugging batt and I would always perform the reset.
The airbag light on the vent panel and the airbag warning light on the dash never go off. The one on the dash just constantly blinks over and over. I'm almost at the point where I don't notice it while I'm driving but it irritates me that something is not right (if that makes sense).

AlexN09

Yeah the one blinking on the dash is what were talking about. When they say the light turns off they mean when it's solid for about 7 seconds and then starts flashing.

apex2apex

Worked like a charm!

Thank you for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlexN09

Heck yeah, good to hear!

Return to “Altima General Discussions”