I'm all for hybrids and EV's, but WTF, California?

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

srellim234 wrote:stay the hell out of our wallets
Hmmm. I'll just let you answer yourself.
srellim234 wrote:I'm not a dictator and don't have any more control over that than you do.
srellim234 wrote:make ends meet and balance your own damn books internally.
We do.
srellim234 wrote:Tell Washington you don't need it and to apply the money to the deficit instead.
Again, I'll just let you answer yourself.
srellim234 wrote:I'm not a dictator and don't have any more control over that than you do.
srellim234 wrote:I can see I came back here before I should have if at all.
I'm genuinely sorry you feel that way. Perhaps Politics isn't a great place to hang out. For what it's worth, my OPINIONS are no more valuable, valid, or important than yours, or anyone else's. Other people in this forum have had no problem grasping that.

We can disagree and still be buddies, and I'd defend, with every fiber of my being, your absolute and inalienable right to disagree.

p.s. I'll be in Long Beach later this year - Dinner's on me, if you could stomach being in my presence. Unlike the "boycotters", I don't have an issue with helping "prop up" a struggling economy. ;)

davidoliva
Car: 2007 Toyota 4runner/95 s14

AZhitman wrote: my OPINIONS are no more valuable, valid, or important than yours, or anyone else's. Other people in this forum have had no problem grasping that.
the forum perspective though is this: a mod/admin title makes a person more intimidating than a regular member during a spirited discussion, but that's how most people view staff in all kinds of forums regardless of how "fair" the staff is.

Not a dig, just an observation.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

davidoliva wrote:
AZhitman wrote: my OPINIONS are no more valuable, valid, or important than yours, or anyone else's. Other people in this forum have had no problem grasping that.
the forum perspective though is this: a mod/admin title makes a person more intimidating than a regular member during a spirited discussion, but that's how most people view staff in all kinds of forums regardless of how "fair" the staff is.

Hmmm ... maybe. But not one that I (and the other Moderators in this forum) take lightly. In this Politics section, conversation can and does get heated. We understand that, and do allow a lot more freedom for people to state their opinions and comments (if done without extremely and unreasonably personal attacks ... and even then, some flames may get left alone).

Heck, just look at some of the things said to me in my posts :chuckle: ... yet I try to not to use my Moderator privileges to react incorrectly except when it gets more personal than appropriate for the issue or topic.

And, fwiw, Politics at NICO is the one section where even a Moderator was removed and banned, for creating an environment and for unreasonable flaming posts against other people personally (i.e., not to their opinion or comments). :yesnod

As long as people comment on opinions and statements - however heatedly - and not the person stating those opinions and comments, then it will be allowed.

I.e., feel free to attack the position taken by anybody, not the person taking the position.

An exception: it is very tough to keep religion (which is a very personal thing after all) separate from the person. So discussions on religion are much more carefully looked at (and some comments may thus be disallowed).

Z

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

davidoliva wrote:

Totally understood.

No different than an in-person disagreement with a person twice your size... as long as it remains impersonal and "words only", the other person's "size advantage" doesn't enter the equation.

Some may be intimidated, but then again, there's lots of guys intimidated by pretty girls as well. ;)

Anyway, as Z said above, we're cognizant of the perception... I had almost forgotten about the Moderator we bagged for taking things to an overly "personal" level. This section isn't for everyone, but there's not a single participant here that I wouldn't hang out with and buy a beer for. :dblthumb:

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I'll hang out with the lefties but they can buy their own beer ;)

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

WDRacing wrote:I'll hang out with the lefties but they can buy their own beer ;)
What if the "leftie" is a hot chick? (assuming you werent married)

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Fortunately for me, Kate and I have the kind of relationship where I'm allowed to oggle women and she doesn't get upset. I can read the menu, I just can't order. Anything else just wouldn't work because I have no self control :chuckle: I consider myself pretty lucky.

Anyway, I'm not really into buying women drinks unless we're on a date. Hot chicks rarely buy themselves drinks anyway. Compound that with the fact that she's a leftie...I might be more apt to buy a dude a beer. Is the hot leftist chick into cars and guns? If so, I'll buy a round. Otherwise, show me them titties!

:)

Return to “Politics Etc.”