I know literally nothing about cars and I desperately need help rb20det to s13 swap

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
OFWGKTA nik
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

I know this is gonna sound stupid but that's just my middle name. I barely know anything about cars I'm just getting into them I have a running s13 hatch (1990) and just bought a rb20det it includes complete engine, fuel rail, injectors, intake manifold, sensors, throttle body, alternator, turbo, 5spd rwd tranny, wiring harness, and ECU/ECM. I have no idea what all I need to just get it driving I already bought the mounts from McKinney but I don't know anything I need at all. I just want to get it in and running as a daily as fast as I can please help. I know there are many threads for this already but as I've said before I'm new to the car scene and kinda jumped in head first.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That's quite the ambitious project for someone that knows nothing about cars. You might want to pay someone to do it for you.

Basically you'll have to remove your old engine, trans, driveshaft, wiring harness, ECU, and engine mounts, and replace them all with the stuff you've got (and you might need a new driveshaft). Sounds easy on paper but it is not for the feint of heart.

Dorito_Club7
Car: 1995 Forest Green S14. Bone Stock

Nothing like good 'ole youtube to help yah out!

Return to “240sx General Discussion”