I knew it, too good to be true.

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
adamG35sedan
Car: 03 G35

Well, I just got my G35 on the first of the month. and still can't be more impressed with it. but alas, all good things got to be messed with by outside forces. on the 26th I took the car to work, because I'm in a training class at a navy base for the past week and next. so I'm only going to school from 7-11 so its pretty skate by military standards (I'm in the Marine Corps) so with all the traffice I'd much rather sit in the plush interior of the infiniti than the bare bones, decrpid Ford Ranger. you don't even have to answer it. so I come upon the normal lot where I had parked the previous two days and it was already full, so I go a block down the road and park in the second row from the front of the base bowling alley, and everything was ok. well, at 10 to 11 I walk up to the car to see that the front end was completly smashed. so I end up spending the afternoon filing police reports, talking to the insurance company, and contacting various repair shops. after finding one that was good to go. I took the car in for an estimate, and lo and behold. $3200+ in damages. thank god for insurance, but it pisses me off because I haven't made a single payment, and my wife switche the detuctible from 300 to 500 right before I bought the car. so I'm kinda peeved about all of that. it really sucks that this happened. It was obviously a large pickup, and I'm betting when they backed up, they say the infiniti symbol on the ground they bolted and got scared. I'll posts some picks of the damage as soon as I get an open USB port on the computer (I'm doing 10 things at once right now) but the run down of the damage is as follows.

Bummper cover, and filler materialGrille assembly/Emblemhood and right hingecrossmember assembly (the fiberglass composite shroud over the radiator that holds the front end together, was cracked in the middle)the aerodynamic under panel underneathe the front end.and because the hood got twisted off center the rear right corner of the hood hits the top edge of the fender and that will have to be repaired and repainted. also they are painting the left fender. so when the place gets the parts in. there are several other incedental parts, but just becareful out there there are tons of idiots and cowaards out there that will take what you've worked for and jack it up.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

so sorry to hear that.......

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. It's amazing how much people lack respect for other's property.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Sorry to hear this!

Any chance you might be able to catch/see some other vehicle there later, with rear damage that matches your front damage?

Z

miata007
Car: 2009 Cube 6sp, 2005 G35 sedan

Hope you get your car fix soon.

Alteast your car is cover. Last year (Oct) we bought a new 05 sedan. To save $$$, I changed my insurance coverage of my 01 Civic from full coverage to liability only. 3 mo after, got hit by a bus on the freeway and a 16-yr old un-insured un-licensed girl. The car got total. The bus insurance paid $4500 for the damage in front. The damage on the rear caused by the 16 yr old was paid by my insurance with un-insured motorist (up to $3500). I am still at a loss of $2000 to $3000 since the replacement value is more than $10,000. It's just strange how things always work out the moment one starts changing the coverage like auto/home/health/life. As a result, don't stop your life insurance once it has started.

adamG35sedan

got the car back. already, I would like to throw a shout out to Carter Collision in Santee, California. it took them less than a week to get the parts, and only 9 days to fix the damage. the paint is spot on, but they didn't use OEM push pins for the air intake but other than that it is very nice. the rental car I got was Pontiac G6 which I'm sure if I was in an alternate universe I wouldn't think it was a bad car, it had some pep in its step. but it just reeked cheap. it made me wish I had my old volvo. it was kinda fun ragging it out, but I'll never buy a FWD car again. this infiniti has me spoiled at only one month of ownership.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Glad to hear that everything got fixed and looks like new. I know the feeling with rental cars. I do quite a bit of traveling for work and everytime I get a rental it is usually along the lines of G6 or Grand Am. Nothing wrong with the car, but it is just lacking the fun factor that the Infinti has.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Didja find out who did it?

Z

adamG35sedan

nah no luck. the base I was on when it got hit, I'm not a frequent visitor of, and the base security told me they get about a dozen of those calls a day, so it just sucks that I have to live it the fact that now I have a "wrecked" vehicle. but so far she doesn't have any creaking or signs of frame damage. that would be just the pits if it did. on the bright side it was a cheap way to get the rock chips repainted, plus there was a small 1/2" scratch on the hood, but now the whole front is new. now I gotta get that kit from stoneguard or 3m and get that put on there. heres a pic right after I got the car this was before the damage done to the front end.

adamG35sedan

not quite a bump, but more to add to the saga, I took the car in today (tuesday) back to the body shop, cause in less than 8 days I had a nice sice chip on the top of my hood, and I'm sorry but a week after a paint job is just unacceptable when it comes to paint, plus the car I gave them didn't have chips on the hood. so anyway there was also a small irregularity in the bumper paint, and the rear left corner of the hood didn't quite line up correctly, so I assumed that since they had only replaced the right hinge that maybe the left hinge needed to be replaced or reformed. anyway back to my dilema. the body shop said they could touch up the paint problems and fix the hinge today, so I got up early thismorning, and dropped the car off. well they call at one in the afternoon, and I'm expecting a "your car is ready for pickup" and instead I get...

the plastic on the bumper is scratched so we have to resurface the entire bumper.

the left hinge was good to go, but apparently the hood was deffective from infiniti, the left side of the hood is longer than the right side.

so basically it will be a day or two before I get the car back, and that is just for the bumper, if infiniti doesn't have any hoods that were built right it could take a while to get a replacement.

on a side note, the rental place gave me a chevey aveo and my wife through a tantrum, so she got on the phone withe body shop, took the car back to enterprise and they set us up in a monster 4 door chevy silverado. not a bad truck, but I'd rather have a ford F250 I'm a ford guy.

also on another general side note, a buddy of mine just picked up a very nice and clean 03 Mercury Marauder, what a sick machine that is, limo black, chrome wheels and 310hp V8 the sound is just a beethoven of a motor.

well until I finaly get the G back I'll be sporting a tank of a truck.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Wow...people suck. Hope everything works out well--and doesn't get any worse...
adamG35sedan wrote:also on another general side note, a buddy of mine just picked up a very nice and clean 03 Mercury Marauder, what a sick machine that is, limo black, chrome wheels and 310hp V8 the sound is just a beethoven of a motor.
Very nice. I could definitely enjoy owning a Marauder. Damn Ford for cutting it's life so short.

adamG35sedan

well, I'm getting the car back tomorrow, but they are still unable to get a good hood from infiniti. the one they got today is worse.

so now I guess we gotta deal with infiniti about the QC on their parts.

adamG35sedan

tomorrow I am taking the car to the local infiniti dealership, so they can take a look at the hood, and take photos and measurements. so hopefully I can get this resolved sometime this year. I'm gonna be pushing for a CF or a fiberglass hood. especially if they can't get me one OEM that wll work. so I guess the moral of all of this is to pay attention to athe replacement hood in the event that you need one, so far infinitis are jacked up.

adamG35sedan

ok final bump. I took the car to the local infiniti dealer today, and then we went to their bodyshop, where we discovered that ALL hoods on the G35 are longer on the left than the right, we came to that conclusion after we took measurements of my replacement hood, and the bodyshop had 3 other G35's getting work done, that all had original hoods that displayed similar results all within 2mm of each other. so my options are to adjust it to where the difference isn't that noticeable at the A-pillar but slightly off on the front or vice-versa. I will prolly have it lined up to match and then get that paint fixed up, and get one of those clear bra's on order. the local dealership charges $695 for the bra with installation. but I'm prolly gonna get one on ebay. they can be had for 24.99 +14.99 shipping. it may just be a cheap knock off but if it is cheap then it won't cost a lot to replace, and some protection is better than nothing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Infiniti-G...wItem

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”