I just have this feeling NEED HELP BOV

A home for 1983–1989 300ZX owners!
Lonewolf331177
Car: M30

Ok I know Im going to get flamed for this but I dont have the time to search the whole site

Anyway I own an 1990 Infiniti M30, with a VG30E, wanting to turn it into a VG30ET, I have already bought the turbo, figured out the IC piping, and oil reture stuff, the only question I have know is the BOV, I know the BOV vents the unwanted pressure on the intake part of the trottle body, but where does that little rubber pipe go for the BOV? and I need to see if you guys have any parts you want to get rid of, Oil pan from 300zx for the VG30ET 86-87, Exauset manifold same year, and maybe the down pipe if the M30 one does not work.

Thanks I sure could use the help before school starts up again Email: [email protected]

P.S. If anyone has pictures, that would help greatly, post here or send to email. THANKS AGAIN

AZ-ZBum
Car: 05 Murano, 84 Z31 AE, 88 Z31 Vert

Lonewolf331177 wrote:Ok I know Im going to get flamed for this but I dont have the time to search the whole site
Gee.... I didn't know a turbo addition was a major life threatening issue that allowed you to not want to spend any time searching. I'm sorry for your loss.
Lonewolf331177 wrote:Anyway I own an 1990 Infiniti M30, with a VG30E, wanting to turn it into a VG30ET, I have already bought the turbo, figured out the IC piping, and oil reture stuff, the only question I have know is the BOV,
I personally hate BOVs and think they have little to no use on a mildly boosted car. That's just my personal opinion.
Lonewolf331177 wrote:I know the BOV vents the unwanted pressure on the intake part of the trottle body, but where does that little rubber pipe go for the BOV?
What little rubber pipe? A BOV should be directly attached to the intake piping as close to the throttle body as possible. Most weld the flange direcly to this intake pipe and directly mount the BOV into that flange. But it depends on the type of BOV where the excess air goes. Either atmosphere or recirculated back into the intake.
Lonewolf331177 wrote:and I need to see if you guys have any parts you want to get rid of, Oil pan from 300zx for the VG30ET 86-87,
There are no significant differences between any Z31 VG30ET oilpan (84-89) that I've ever heard of.
Lonewolf331177 wrote:Exhauset manifold same year
Same as above. No differences.
Lonewolf331177 wrote:and maybe the down pipe if the M30 one does not work.
Seeing as how the down pipe is supposed to mount up to NA exhaust manifolds, it's very unlikely that the stock down pipe would mount to a turbo O2 elbow. By the way, the passenger side manifold and crossover pipe on the Z31 is exactly the same for NA or turbo for all years. Not sure if the M30 uses these same pipes, but if they use the same crossover system, it's very unlikely you have to do anything to swap these other parts.
Lonewolf331177 wrote:Thanks I sure could use the help before school starts up again
WOW! Completing this project before school starts? This starts when? End of August? Hmm.... Maybe that is life threatening and demands such high importance to hurry a project.
Lonewolf331177 wrote:Email: [email protected]

P.S. If anyone has pictures, that would help greatly, post here or send to email. THANKS AGAIN
While I've never seen (but have heard of) any M30 swaps, the best I can offer is a Z31 VG30E to VG30ET swap site.http://www.redz31.com

PS: Hurrying a project is a sure way to make sure things don't get completed properly. If you need to have something done by a certain time in a car project, plan on it not working or at least having to redo something very shortly afterwards.

Lonewolf331177

Im not trying to hurry, and I have been reseaching for awhile, I just would like to know quickly, the BOV I know should go right on the piping, but there is a small hose that goes somewhere, and that is what I am trying to figure out, I would just like to get all the parts togeather to start but the car will be sitting around for a week or so untill I make sure it is done right. sorry if it sounded like I needed it done in 2 hours.

AZ-ZBum
Car: 05 Murano, 84 Z31 AE, 88 Z31 Vert

The small hose you speak of is supposed to be attached to the BOV and some place after the TB in the intake manifold. I believe the instruction manual for the BOV will have a better description of it's mounting location.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Where else can you get kicked in the nuts AND get all the info you need in less than 10 hours?

One-stop shopping, baby!

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

so are we talking about an oe style bov? or aftermarket? for low boost it's not needed but if your putting big boost it'll help your turbo live a bit longer, the bov should be mounted in the "cold pipe and it's small trigger line should be hooked into the intake manifold, if it's an oe style or a recircluting style unit the return line should go the the intake in front of the turbo impeller but behind the afm or maf as the case may be

Lonewolf331177

AZhitman wrote:Where else can you get kicked in the nuts AND get all the info you need in less than 10 hours?

One-stop shopping, baby!
LOL

Return to “300ZX (Z31) Forum”