I have questions.

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Varel
Car: ???

To make a long story short, I'm looking for a budget commuter that I wont hate driving. I'm somewhat partial to Nissan though mostly because I was in love with the Titan from day 1 and briefly owned one (another long story). One of my best friends has a 2017 Altima and absolutely loves it.

So anyway, I came across two 2001 Maximas. Both look like they rolled off the showroom yesterday. They are truly the 2 best looking older cars I've ever seen. The first one is auto with only 92k miles. The other is a manual but it has 180k miles. However, the manual car has new alternator, springs/struts, inner tie rod ends, lower A arms (bushings/ball joints), obviously an alignment, new clutch and flywheel, and a new front valve cover all within the past year according to the seller.

I have a color preference but the winner in that department also come with the auto and I want the manual. Both are asking the auto is listed at $2800 and the stick at $3000. I thought I'd ask the experts which one would be the better buy. If either. I noticed the '02 gets a new engine with a big power bump and the same fuel economy. It would pretty much only get used when it's raining or cold as I prefer to commute in the motorcycle.

Also, if I do get one is there anything I need to know?

turbo_bink
Car: 1999 Maxima SE-L

I'd encourage you to visit the 5th Gen sub-forum at *REDACTED*.
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

turbo_bink wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:45 am
Sorry but Management does not allow links to competing websites

Welcome to NICOclub! Terms, rules and helpful information
Terms of Conduct

My post / thread disappeared - What happened?

While the NICO Administration tries very hard to avoid censoring or removing posts, posts or threads can be removed for any number of reasons. The most common reasons are:
  1. Linking to a forum that competes with NICO. While this may seem silly, NICO exists due to the enormous flow of traffic that enters the site. Without this, the resource would cease to exist.

Varel

I checked at... that other site. But it seems less active. Which is why I posted here initially. Thanks for the suggestion.

turbo_bink

Rogue One wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:43 pm
turbo_bink wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:45 am
Sorry but Management does not allow links to competing websites

Welcome to NICOclub! Terms, rules and helpful information
Terms of Conduct

My post / thread disappeared - What happened?

While the NICO Administration tries very hard to avoid censoring or removing posts, posts or threads can be removed for any number of reasons. The most common reasons are:
  1. Linking to a forum that competes with NICO. While this may seem silly, NICO exists due to the enormous flow of traffic that enters the site. Without this, the resource would cease to exist.
Sorry ‘bout that ... my bad.

turbo_bink

Varel wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:51 pm
I checked at... that other site. But it seems less active. Which is why I posted here initially. Thanks for the suggestion.
Less active overall perhaps, but much more specific Gen 5 information at your disposal.

With your permission, I’d be happy to repost/trans-post your question.

Varel

Thanks for the offer. I actually went ahead and posted there when it was initially suggested though.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”