i have one

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
ca18datsun510
Car: bmw 330i zhp, 91 infiniti m30, 89 240sx, 07 zx6r, 05 trx450r

i have one. 1972 two door. list of mods so far: susension/brakes: 280zx front brake upgrade, ground control coilovers in front, big sway bar from mad dat motorsports in australia, all poly bushings, 240z aluminum drums in back, getting adjustable pillow mounts soon, and adding subaru lsd. engine/transmission: jdm ca18det, upgraded turbo manifold, custom exhaust, upgraded turbo, front mount intercooler, custom intercooler piping, jdm trust intake filter, 5 speed transmission, unknown short throw shifter(came with engine), shortened and balanced drive shaft, engine insallation kit from mad dat motorsports. interior: stock white with black recaro drivers seat, grant gt 12" steering wheel, soon to be installed full cage. exterior: fiberglass fenders, looking for someone to make me a carbon fiber hood and trunklid, currently in grey primer, 14 inc slotted mags. its an ongoing project and should be driveable in a few months if things go as planned, which they never do.

ka24de_510

where'd you find the full polyurethane bushing set? energy suspension here in the states only has a select few.

ca18datsun510
Car: bmw 330i zhp, 91 infiniti m30, 89 240sx, 07 zx6r, 05 trx450r

i have all the ones that energy suspension makes for the front. they were in the car when i got it. i still have to do the back. i am in the U.S. new york.

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

sounds pretty bad a**. Got any pics? I'm thinking of getting an old 510 and doing crazy stuff with it :yesnod

Crush510
Car: The usual

I didn't notice how old this thread is, so it may be dead, but I just registered and I thought I'd say hello.

I have a '71 Datsun 510 four door that I autocross. She is factory orange. Her name is Crush (Orange Crush... get it... anyway). I've owned her for about ten years now.

List of Mods:Engine: L20b (I'd love to do some insane engine swap, but I'm trying to stay in Solo2 EP class to be competitive) Web race cam, Z20E rods and pistons, ported W53 head. About 10.5-1 compression. Weber DCOEs go on this week as soon as the parts get here.

Drivetrain: Z five speed, 3.36 240Z R180 rear-end (believe it or not, it actually compliments the tranny ratios better, and I can stay in second through a whole run at the autocross instead of having to shift a million times) a limited slip might be in the works for this winter, if I can find one.

Suspension: (front)280ZX front struts and brakes, TEP street camberplates, Carrera coil-overs, Tokico adjustable strut inserts. (rear) 200SX brakes, slotted rear crossmember, Tokico shocks, ST springs. The rear suspension is really the weak link on the car right, hopefully this winter I'll be able to change that.

Exterior: Stock body w/o bumpers, Performance Industries "Superlight" (panasport rip-offs) 13x6 w/ Yokohama AVS rubber.

Interior: Completely gutted, MR2 seats, Autometer tech, oil pressure gauge and air/fuel gauge (to tune the Webers) going in this week. Four point roll bar, four point harness for driver and passenger.

Location: Louisville Kentucky, the loneliest place in the world for a 510...

Oh yeah and my daily driver is an '89 S13 hatchback, painfully stock for now...

Crush510

I meant to add a picture...

Speeddoctor
Car: Nissans, Infinitis, datsuns, motorsickles,
NICO founder April 22, 2000

Crush: I was just getting ready to ask for a pic when I see you posted one. Do you have any pics of the engine bay? SD

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Beautiful 510. I want one soooo bad, trying to find one of those is just impossible.

Crush510

trying to find one of those is just impossible.
They're easy to find if you look in the right place. You won't find any on the east coast because of rust, you won't find any on the west coast that haven't already been modified, but if you look in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas you can still find relatively rust free virgin ones. They're light enough that you can tow them on a U-Haul front wheel dolly behind almost any car with a trailer hitch.

I found mine sitting in some old guys backyard, I paid $175, she needed a water pump and radiator. Of course that was ten years ago, but I have friends in New Mexico and Colorado that still find them for sale for less than $500.

Quote »Do you have any pics of the engine bay?[/quote]

I'll take some pics of the engine bay this weekend when I install the webers and post one.

boMex

*sniff* she sure is purdy :D

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”