I have a question about 510's please help

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
Boost2Love
Car: 1991 maroon 240sx...all stock baby! 89 impounded

Ive searched and still and wondering what you would need to do the SR20 swap into a 510....? do you need custom axles or what? So far ive got the sr20 and im pretty sure i haft to do some wiring but should be pretty straight forward.....anyone else help me out here!!!????/

sssrdub
Car: b-ball,cars, girls

Boost2Love wrote:Ive searched and still and wondering what you would need to do the SR20 swap into a 510....? do you need custom axles or what? So far ive got the sr20 and im pretty sure i haft to do some wiring but should be pretty straight forward.....anyone else help me out here!!!????/
The Sr20 swap is anything but straight forward FYI. The crossmember is backward and needs to be flipped or you can buy one from different places like

datsport.comhttp://mckinneymotorsports.com/ and others. trans crossmember is also different. the driveshaft will need to be shortened custom intercooler/radiator. Custom turbo manifold to clear the steering box. You will need to cut the trans tunnel to fit the trans.

lowlifestyle
Car: 1970 Datsun 510

You will need the front crossmember modified, a custom trans mount, custom turbo manifold, shortened driveshaft, custom wiring harness, cut and flipped steering center link, custom exhaust, electric fuel pump, modify trans tunnel for longer trans, custom intake, custom radiator, front drive SR upper water neck, shortened lower water neck, intercooler, custom intercooler pipes, BOV, lengthened SR motor mount brackets, and various couplers and fittings. That's about all I can think of right now. You are in San Jo? Try Dan Gallmeister at DGR Fabrication on San Carlos, he specializes in SR and RB swaps in 510s, he can get you everything you will need. I bought a lot of stuff from him for my swap.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

I wanna see some pics of an RB swapped dime.

that's a nice feat...how much cutting did he have to do?

lowlifestyle
Car: 1970 Datsun 510

A lot, will not fit with the stock firewall at all. Fourth picture from the left at the bottom.http://www.dgrfabrication.com/One other part I forgot, you'll also need a custom front swaybar.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

tube frame is cheating there is a guy, screen name 510six, running an L28ET in a dime witht he stock firewall, keep in mind the L28 is the same length as an rb, his car runs 10's in the quarter mile!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2071134

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”