I have a new 360 game idea/request.

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
IowaRB240SX
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

My online friends and I have been discussing this. We are all into first person shooters (FPS) for the most part and we all have different tastes. but what if...

Microsoft would get all the companies that make FPS's together and made one game that used all the weapons and characters from their games in one game? You could play as a WWII infantryman, a Rainbow op, a Masterchief/Elite, or whatever else with their respected weapons. Even the character from Shadow Run (which is pretty fun too). Imagine shooting and Elite with a K98 or a G3KA4? Or a WWII infantryman with a plasma gun. Of course something would have to be done with armor to even it all out. No overshields for the Halo guys. Maybe something equivalent to the lighter to medium range armor on Rainbow.

Zee
Car: 99 Chevy Cavalier

IowaRB240SX wrote:My online friends and I have been discussing this. We are all into first person shooters (FPS) for the most part and we all have different tastes. but what if...

Microsoft would get all the companies that make FPS's together and made one game that used all the weapons and characters from their games in one game? You could play as a WWII infantryman, a Rainbow op, a Masterchief/Elite, or whatever else with their respected weapons. Even the character from Shadow Run (which is pretty fun too). Imagine shooting and Elite with a K98 or a G3KA4? Or a WWII infantryman with a plasma gun. Of course something would have to be done with armor to even it all out. No overshields for the Halo guys. Maybe something equivalent to the lighter to medium range armor on Rainbow.

Doesn't seem possible because company has certain games and series es that they won't let anyone touch

Sorry but it is highly unlikely

IowaRB240SX

I am not saying that they share their trade/design secrets or anything. They could start with a completely new platform maybe. Or allow one company to make it using their platform and only give rights to the characters and weapons, not the gameplay or maps. Plus it would be an online only game, no story mode so that the stories each company uses stays their own.

OldmanPurdy
Car: 2002 Altima 3.5SE

Sounds like Super Smash Bros. for the FPS world, unfortantuly due to licencing issues it will probally never happen.

IowaRB240SX

Not saying it will happen, but think it would be fun as he ll.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

I'd love to see Syndicate made in an FPS style game...

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Sounds like a potentially fun concept. I thought of Smash Bros. as well...

I'd absolutely love to be able to beat the ever loving smeg out of Master Chief with a crowbar as Gordon Freeman.

I think you'd really have to sort of make it at least slightly cartoony. There's too much deviation in gameplay styles from one FPS to another. Halo is completely off-the-wall unrealistic and intentionally so, while others are overly-realistic, and some sit in the middle.If not cartoony, then at least humorous and satirical. Give people special abilities (Freeman could have the crowbar, the Fear guy could have limited slomo or sic the creepy girl on his foes, MC could have his shields and sticky grenades, etc.).

The biggest problem comes in the fact that all the games are based on very different engines, and therefore have a very different feel. You would have to find the best of all and combine them. You could try to retain the individual feel of each character, but you wouldn't be able to properly replicate any single game...which would sort of detract from the experience of being your favorite character. Still...it worked in SSMB: Kirby doesn't quite work the same but I still enjoy beating other Nintendo characters down as the flying pink blob.

What characters do you have in mind?A lot of the more popular FPSs don't really have regular protagonists (since a lot of them are either multiplayer only or WWII games where "you" are the main character).

The ones I can think of off the top of my head, with special abilities:

Freeman (crowbar, HEV suit, maybe a limited army of antlions?)Master Cheif (shield, sticky grenade)The FEAR guy (slomo)James Patterson (from the original [and best] Medal of Honor)Space Marine (BFG 9000)Duke Nukem (shrinker? Size 13 boot? Freezer? Half-naked woman?)Quake guy (nail gun)Unreal guy (infinite ammo pistol? Not sure here...)

Maybe I'll think of more later...

IowaRB240SX

You have the Shadow Run guy who can float, use x-ray vision, and teleport.

My idea wasn't so much based on their special powers as it was pitting different era nad types of weapons against on another.

But you are right, You would have to take them all and either add to them or take away from them to get them on one engine. But like I said, you would have to keep the realism to a fine line too so that it would be possible to kill MC with a K98, or a G3, or a Tommy gun, or a crowbar without him simply laughing and blasting you while his overshield protects him. But it would be fun to be MC and toss a plama grenade on a WWII GI or the fear guy or the Evil Girl. But I would really like to play as a WWII GI and blast that little chick or MC with my Mosin Nagant.

Return to “Gaming”