I have a 1990 infinity q45.i have a no crank no start situation. After i seperated the lock cylinder from the Colum .

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Willhelm
Car: 1990infinityq45

I have a no crank no start situation After I separated the lock cylinder from the Column and separated the rear of lock cylinder so I can turn it with a screwdriver.and now it doesn't do any thing when I turn the lock cylinder.what are the possible things that I am over looking?

macgiver

mac, besides calling the police and telling them whether or not your stealing a car - I believe your assumption is right - there is usually a "key recognition" TANG which enables the ECM/IGN in conjunction with the "theft ctrl. Ckt" .It would be right at that lock cyl. location - you probably disrupted. :blush:

my12by60

When I had no start/no crank the problem was corrosion in the battery cables. The corrosion was not in the typical location between the battery terminal and the terminal head on the cable. The corrosion was somewhat hidden in the area where the cable terminal head connected to the copper cable.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”