I Hate Salesman

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
dave_c

I ordered a 6MT. In mid-April my salesman calls me and says early May delivery.

Later the same day a manager at the dealership calls and confirms the details of my vehicle and says "I have a order number for you, Q######".

After that I decide to deal with the manager only and avoid the salesman like the plague.

Every two weeks I call the manager and get updates. I'm very impatient, but I can deal.

Today the salesman calls and says "Got some good news for you Mr. C….". My heart starts racing, either he's going to give me a VIN or tell me he has one just like the one I ordered and I can pick it up within a week. "Mr. C….., I have an order number for you."

Yup, that’s right, the F-ing idiot called to tell me that I have an order number. Whoopie, F-ing, Do.

I need a drink.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Please, keep us posted how it goes.

Fred...:)

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

I would probably be wearing a track in the carpet pacing. That car is going to be freaking sweet.

DenverG35c
Car: Motor sports, computer solitaire...

I wonder where car salesmen/women fall on the most disreputable scale. Above or below lawyers? Definitely one step above used car sales.

While I was trying to decide what to buy, my guy would leave me hanging for days. It was like he was doing me a favor to let me order the car I wanted (G35c/wheel pkg./roof).

When I show up to do the paperwork and deposit, he adds on a $299 "dealer handling fee." At that point my withering response was 'whatever.' I guess I'm lucky that the $1,800 "protection package" wasn't crammed down my throat.

'98 A6 quattro for sale in Denver area.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”