I got my windows tinted and it looks awesome!! I love my Versa!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
versausa

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

nice.. what % did you get?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

OK, that does it... I'm getting quotes this weekend.

versausa

20% on all.. Looks great. I didnt want to go any lower than that. 35% is the legal for driver side and passenger windows in TN but I talked to many that have 20% with no troubles at all!

Paula
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/convience pkg

Sweet !!! Mine is scheduled for tinting next Wednesday. Don't ask me what %.... the shop I'm using here in d!ck only has ONE color. Saw it on another car and it doesn't seem quite as dark as yours, but will do fine for me.

Same shop called their supplier for VentShades a few days ago for me. Won't have Versa VentShades until the end of this month "maybe". No clue what they'll cost, but as soon as they can get 'em, they're on my car !!

I was looking at some vinyl graphics this afternoon...... IF I do that (which would be REALLY cool), it'll have to wait a while. $200 for the tint, probably ~$100 for the VentShades; that's enough for now.

Paula

Sahandman
Car: civic

wow your versa with the tints is truly revolutionary for us owners, im definately getting mine tinted once it arrives, ,,, it will look even better cause my exterior color is black. I will get it 20% just like yours cause i like the way u have it. Btw, what is the process of getting your windows tinted, do they use your existing windows and tint them or install new tinted windows and how long does it take and what is the cost? thanks

Ever Victorious

Sahandman wrote:wow your versa with the tints is truly revolutionary for us owners, im definately getting mine tinted once it arrives, ,,, it will look even better cause my exterior color is black. I will get it 20% just like yours cause i like the way u have it. Btw, what is the process of getting your windows tinted, do they use your existing windows and tint them or install new tinted windows and how long does it take and what is the cost? thanks
The shop takes a tinting film and basically shrink-wraps the exterior of the glass.

make sure your shop uses metallized film (such as Llumar) because it's more durable.

There's a very good tint shop near me that uses metallized films, and they do such an awesome job that they actually put a lifetime warranty on the tint job, against peeling, bubbling, creasing, etc...

versausa

I paid 175.00 and it was a metalized tint. More expensive but well worth the investment. try to find a tint shop that cuts tint with a precut system that way you get exact fit tint to all windows and they are usally very experienced in tinting. Mine was done within a hour :0) And carries a lifetime warrantee. I avoit tint shop that cut by hand that is the old way.good luck!!

VersaUSA

Paula
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/convience pkg

Here's mine..... picked it up a couple of hours ago:

Paula

versausa

Thats looks swell!!! Loven it!

Ever Victorious

So far the best quote I can get for tinting is $250, and they're scheduling 3 weeks out... rrr!

Sahandman

how would it look if i got 20 percent for driver and passenger side windows and 5 percent for the rear passenger windows? thats what im thinking of doing and i just found a good place from a friend that will do it for about 2 bills.

Ever Victorious

Sahandman wrote:how would it look if i got 20 percent for driver and passenger side windows and 5 percent for the rear passenger windows? thats what im thinking of doing and i just found a good place from a friend that will do it for about 2 bills.
Have you checked your local laws to see if that's OK? Lots of places won't let you go darker than 35%...

Sahandman

well ive seen tons of cars on the road where its impossible to see whos inside the car cause the tint is so high it wont allow any light through. for example Limo's here are even less than 5 percent, u cant see anything inside even if u put ur face next to the window. putting the legality;s aside, how do u think the car would look if i did 5 percent for rear passenger on my black versa? would it make it look too black or is it ok?

Ever Victorious

Sahandman wrote:well ive seen tons of cars on the road where its impossible to see whos inside the car cause the tint is so high it wont allow any light through. for example Limo's here are even less than 5 percent, u cant see anything inside even if u put ur face next to the window. putting the legality;s aside, how do u think the car would look if i did 5 percent for rear passenger on my black versa? would it make it look too black or is it ok?
Personally, I don't like when the front and rear are tinted differently, it just looks ghetto. I also don't like limo tint on anything but limos. 20% is nice on some applications, but again in some applications, illegal.

Return to “Versa General Chat”