I got me a nice 1911!

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I have always like John Browning's creation. Much like a car that you have always liked, everything about it is just "right." The grip angle and width, the weight, the natural point of aim, definitely the cartridge, it feels like it was made just for me. I will eventually get a 4" Kimber or ParaOrdinance but for now I couldn't pass up this simple, black government model.

The packaging is real nice. I guess this is supposed to be a Marine Corps spec model. When I was in they were carrying those Beretta M9s, yuck.

The skeletonized hammer and drilled trigger are good looking and the pull is natural and smooth.

I'm a righty but I still appreciate an ambidextrous thumb safety in case I want or need to shoot weak hand.

Did I mention, it's a soft air gun?

Sorry bout that. I live in Japan, remember? I can't own a real gun here. I can, however, get a realistic operating replica to practice manual of arms and shooting with and teach my wife proper, safe gun handling. When I return to the states, I will have a real 1911 and she will get a gun as well and I think it's important to get back in the habit now and familiarize her too. I don't see her shooting a .45, more likely a 9mm but the mindset is the same.

This is a TokyoMarui gas blowback model. It uses freon to fire the bb and cycle the slide. The realistic operation and faithful, to scale location and functions of the controls were the point. When I put a real gun in her hand, she only needs to get used to the recoil of a real round, the controls will be familiar.

It's a fun toy too!Watch it work. http://s119.photobucket.com/al...1.flv

krimsonviper
Car: 2010 MS3 -PAID
2010 Mazda 3i Touring -Totaled
2006 Mazda 3i Sport -Totaled
1989 S13 -Sold
1990 S13 -Sold

themadscientist wrote:Did I mention, it's a soft air gun?

http://i119.photobucket.com/al...1.jpg
That's hilarious. You have an incorrigible(sp?) way with words.

LatinAssasin
Car: 1989 BMW 325I

Dude i got to get one of those guns they look like fun

themadscientist

The wife and I were just out regulating soda cans. This thing has Novak replica sights and they work because my wife can kill a soda can at 12 yards. Not bad for a windy day shooting 20g plastic BBs. I'm glad she doesn't get mad at me much.

Here is a stateside model similar to mine.http://www.hobbytron.com/Green....html

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Good lord those Japanese models look real as hell.

themadscientist

Cool ain't it? And a little disturbing.

Check em out.http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/index.html

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

I love my TM 1911. Rather have a real steel one though. Wish I had the money for one...

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

rofl...

I was wondering wtf...I know Japan had retarded strict gun ownership...not very many people there can legally own a handgun.

I think Repo needs a Glock 18c to play with.

don't forget to look at Springfield Armory when it comes to 1911's.

Very nice pistols there too. I've never much cared for Para guns...all they ever did was make a nice hi cap gun. I don't like the hi cap 1911's..they feel weird.

themadscientist

I have my eye on the Springfield EMP in 9mm for my wife. I wouldn't buy a 1911 for myself in anything but .45. I doubt she would handle the recoil of that well.

fijianrocket
Car: 95 nissan 240sx se, 74 jeep CJ5, 76 CJ5

A buddy of mine got a great deal on a Taurus 1911 .45. Its a nice piece. I still want to get me a Ruger SR9. Its super light and shoots real well especially after Ruger worked out the kinks. I think its always a good idea to get the wifey a handgun. Never know what kind of danger lurks. Plus its always fun to go out an shoot.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

the Emp is a nice little piece.

to be fair though, if I were you, I'd get wifey something a little less advanced than a 1911.

something pretty simple yet safe like a Glock or XD...or a DAO revolver.

a woman that's never shot + light crisp single action might not work out well

Return to “The Great Outdoors”