I don’t wanna pay $4,100

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Jon_patton
Car: 2014 Nissan Altima 3.5SL

Car: ‘14 Altima 3.5SL

Problem: Recently my touchscreen system will stop working whenever I try to press it. It does not go black but will freeze. Pressung the screen will also stop the functionality of controls on the steering wheel and nobs around screen for about 3 minutes. To avoid this and normally access the AV unit, I have to use the nobs but the ability to use my screen would be nice since it’s a premium feature I payed for.

Dealer Opinon: I took it a dealer in Bloomington, IN where they conducted a series of tests coming out to $110. The result was telling me that the entire AV system wold need to be replaced and would cost just over $4,100 BEFORE labor.

Now, I’m no expert on replacing a Center AV Unit (which I believe to be a single component) but $4,100 seems very extreme. If anyone has had a problem similar to mine but found a different, effective fix I would love to hear it!

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

I am wondering if this is all you need.

This has navigation, do you? (if not there are some without navigation on eBay and are cheaper)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-Niss ... FO&vxp=mtr

Should be a fairly easy swap, you should be able to return it if it doesn't solve your issue.

A brand new unit would be around $1250 online
https://www.nissanpartswebstore.com/p/N ... 3TA1A.html

StarRogue

What about an aftermarket unit? One that has Apple CarPlay or Android Auto?

mountainev
Car: Nissan Altima

4,100 is kind of expensive. What about searching for a unit in Facebook Marketplace?

Return to “Altima General Discussions”