I did not say this

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Just got back from Subaru. The papers are signed, the car will be ordered.

I'm excited, but I'm dizzy. that's not a lot of money in today's new car market, but it's a lot of money to me.

I wound up going with the S, the P remium in America.

I was sure I would go with WR Blue. Not sure why, but the color just doesn't come through in pictures in the brochure, but when I saw the rental car I knew that was the color.

Well, today, again, the dealer had no showroom car, but, again, the dealer, a different guy than last time also showed me his personal BRZ. His was white. Just like the WR Blue, the white is done no justice in pictures, it's is beautiful. The blue S ubaru emblem on the blue car disappears, on the white car it shines like a sapphire. He had the STI aero parts on it as well which finished the car in a way that just white on the bottom doesn't. I realized where I last saw that combination, the tS.

With blue, the STI stuff was a would like to have, with the white it was a must have so I added that. His car also had the leather and alcantara seats. I had pretty much talked myself down from really needing the red stitching on the S and was about ready to go with the RA, the one we can get over here with the steel wheels. On the leather, though, it stops being neat and becomes excellent and I sat down to make the final test. F-me if the seat doesn't poke me like the stock S seat did. I'm not sure if it's just in my mind or if it really does feel better, but my right kidney didn't lodge a protest in the leather seats. Well, gotta have em.

No floor mats? What are we, animals? Add that. Head unit, nope. I want to play DVDs and if I get the overpriced stuff offered by the dealer, they are the wrong zone. America is zone 1, Japan is zone 2. That and I wanted more choices so it will be delivered with a gaping hole in the dashboard.

I know this is the car I have been waiting for. I know I checked all the right boxes and I know I will love it, but I'm still dizzy at the idea that i just ordered it. I'm going to see how much of this Old Smokey apple pie moonshine it takes to make my heart stop pounding.

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Congrats on buying a brand new car that YOU want instead of have.
I love the white on those cars, too. Good choice!!!
How long until you take delivery? Sooner than later considering you're closer to the factory than we are, I hope.

themadscientist

Late January. Luckily the yen rate is getting better the more the Prime Minister runs his mouth. Give that man more microphones, Mad's buying a new car!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

So do you pay for it upon delivery, or is your bank account being drained as you are sipping 'shine?
Congrats!

themadscientist

No deposit. I can pay anytime between now and the day I drive off the lot.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Congratulations dude! That's so effing cool. I'm definitely 1000% behind you on the decision of getting it in white. That color is super underrated on that car.

You're going to have so much fun, and in short, that's all that matters.

OriginalWheelman
Car: '15 Ford Focus Electric

The important thing is you bought the car that you want, that does what you want it to do. Grats man.

I know how you feel about the money. I still feel that way about the Miata. Every time I drive it, it's in the back of my head "30 grand, 30 grand, 30 grand" But I appreciate it much more than my other cars, and after owning all old cars my whole life, I'm getting the appeal of a new one. It's not the tech or the fancy stuff, it's just have a new machine that's tight, works properly, and has no 'character'.

themadscientist

I picked it up today. :woot:

Only 11 kilometers on the clock! :mike

The number 61 is the number on the GT car Subaru runs. The plate is a special type with light up numbers.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Light up whaaaa?

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

OMFG Mike, it's perfect. Like, literally perfect. That is the EXACT same way I would get one. And trust me, I've been on the site building them about a dozen times. I think we're brothers from another mother. It's gorgeous. Congrats!!!

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

first, there were impreza's/sti's, them miatas. add a couple brz's, an ms3, and an st (:couch). wtf, nissan.

themadscientist

Yeah, it does irritate me that Nissan has nothing for me except the Leaf. If the leasing structure over here was set up properly I would have gone with that.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Beautiful buddy. Well done. Having spent a short time over there with a Miata gave me a slight teaser to what it must be like to drive that on all of those most excellent coastal roads. Have fun, Mike. Totally deserved.

themadscientist

NEW WHEELS!

Wider, lower profile and sticky as as a little kid's fingers. A lot of time attack guys run these Advan Neovas. I'm just time attacking to work, but why half step? :gotme

A little bit wider track, too.

I knew I was signing on for some BS by getting white wheels. I wanted bronze, but all I could find in my price range was gold painted and that's half stepping. I'd rather whole a** a white wheel than half a** a gold one. :nono: What these bright colored wheels do, though, is call attention to how high the stock suspension is.

It wasn't so noticeable on the stock wheels. What to do about that :facepalm:

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Looks very smurflike. I approve.

sx moneypit
Car: 2010 370Z
1986 Toyota MR2

I thought you were getting a white one. :poke:

themadscientist

I wanted blue, but I saw a sick white one the night I ordered the car. I kept doubting the choice for days until I switched it to the original blue and all doubt went away. White is sexy, but I am just a blue person and my first Subaru had to be WRB. :bigthumb:

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

I LIKE the white wheels, so no s*** from me, though bronze would have looked damn good as well. As far as the ride height goes, I don't think it's that bad, but I HATE slammed cars, so my level of acceptance for wheel gap may be a bit higher than most people's. (ie; I lowered my S14 with NISMO S-Tunes and I'm VERY happy with it)

Return to “General Chat”