I bought a Ford

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

9D2B1066-FB57-40C1-9B73-3D610C8475E9.jpeg
C3F3CBB3-A63F-41D1-9B1F-4D673DB28C56.jpeg
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost with a 6 speed manual.

I had been eyeing Ecoboost Mustangs for quite some time, but was waiting for youngest to get a little older so she could climb in and out of the back on her own. That and the right one never really caught my attention enough in the price range I wanted to spend. Then this one happened to pop up at a friends dealership and it checked all of the right boxes. Especially that color, which these pics don’t do it justice. Guard Metallic, which was a two year only limited color that looks awesome on these cars. That and it only has 32,000 miles on it.

Another added bonus: Roush Cold Air Intake, Borla Atak Exhaust and then a mystery Ford Racing decal on the door frame revealed it also had a Ford Racing tune done to it which bumps it north of 350whp.

The car is super balanced and a hoot to drive already. For a car that can get 30+mpg it is really surprising how well it performs. It’s also really comfy and pretty roomy up front for someone as tall as I am. The back seat not so much, but most of the time it will just be me in it other than dropping the kiddos off at school some mornings. I still have the Pathfinder and our van when we need extra space.

So no more Q50. I honestly despised the car most of the time I owned it and people that know me already were pretty aware of that. I tried really hard the past few months to make myself like it more with some new mods and plans for it, but after doing a couple of things I could tell nothing had changed. The car was always mediocre to me and while someone else might enjoy it a whole lot more than me, the point is I bought the wrong car and lived with it for 4 years longer than I cared to.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

My neighbor has a mustang GT in that same color. Looks great. His is a stock V8 automatic. I believe it has 435(?) hp. I rode in it awhile back. Very nice torque, and reasonably comfortable. Sadly he's more of a "hard parker", so there's no chance getting him to take it to the track. Enjoy.

Thadi

Looks awesome, congrats!

Jesda

I've enjoyed every single Mustang I've driven or owned, the 1988 LX 5.0 vert being my favorite. I also had an SN95 V6 with a manual that was a fantastic highway car and daily driver. Great cars after they sorted out the nonsense with that Chinese-built manual transmission in the mid 2000s.

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

Bubba1 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:11 pm
My neighbor has a mustang GT in that same color. Looks great. His is a stock V8 automatic. I believe it has 435(?) hp. I rode in it awhile back. Very nice torque, and reasonably comfortable. Sadly he's more of a "hard parker", so there's no chance getting him to take it to the track. Enjoy.
The GT is definitely a great package in this generation. I can be a "hard parker" some days too, but i'm going to try to make a point to spend more track time in this car. We'll see if it actually happens, but it sure is a hoot to drive. Unlike the GT, it's so hard to upset and you can pretty much point it wherever you want with full confidence of what will happen.
Thadi wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:39 pm
Looks awesome, congrats!
Thanks!
Jesda wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:06 am
I've enjoyed every single Mustang I've driven or owned, the 1988 LX 5.0 vert being my favorite. I also had an SN95 V6 with a manual that was a fantastic highway car and daily driver. Great cars after they sorted out the nonsense with that Chinese-built manual transmission in the mid 2000s.
I've owned 4 "Fox Body" Mustangs and would love to own another one at some point. My 91 LX 5.0 Coupe(Notchback/Trunk Car) and my 91 GT Hatchback was a close tie for favorite. I had an ex-girlfriend that had an SN95 V6 with a manual too and it was fun for being such a gutless motor.

So far i'm about a month in to it and it has been the most enjoyable daily i've had since I daily drove the Pathfinder. It's hilarious how quick it is, yet I get 23 mpg city and 32 mpg highway out of it no matter how hard I drive it. It's the perfect balance for a fun daily driver, which is what the Q50 never quite did right. I think I could've found it in something else as well, but this has definitely checked all the right boxes.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Looks nice!

Return to “General Chat”