I be strokin??

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
kidistight
Car: 2014 Toyota Tundra
1997 Lexus SC400
1973 Datsun 240z

Afternoon guys and gals,
Currently doing some research on the RB25DET that I have in my 240z. In my research I don't see many people listing a stroker kit in there build/mod list.

I was curious why that is, is the cost compared to the end goal just not worth it. I am targeting about 450/500 to the wheels when it is all said and done.

The car will only see sunny summer days around town and nothing else. Probably take it around the block in the fall just to keep her running, not no rain in her future.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated, now back to researching my build list.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

But rainy days and warm nights are so fun to drive in! :poke:

Enjoy the build. Maybe research weak points in the engine to address. Valve float, turbo limitations, oil pickup and return, ring landings, rods. I don't know the engine personally, nor am I turbo savvy. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Bore and stroke is a neat idea. 450 is a lot of power for such a light car. Plan for some big rubber and brakes to control it! ;)

RRRRB
Car: 98 RB powered S14

Its simply very expensive to do in comparison to what you get.. especially if its just gonna be an around the block sunny day car?? not even sure what that is.

A stroker engine will generally make more torque and become more responsive as a result but at a large cost... you can make your power goals on a stock internal RB25 so why spend the money... unless your after that additonal low end grunt.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”