I am new to the 300zzx world and i have some questions please help.

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
Midnight man035
Car: 1990 300zx twin turbo and a 1991 300zx n/a

I just bought two 300zx's a 1990 that is emaculate and a 91 that needs some work . What i want to know is :1. Where is the best place to get after market parts?2. Where is the best place to find oem parts ?3. What is going to give the most bang for my buck as far as performance up grades?4. and finally is it possible to do a skyline motor swap on my 300zx?

hun t_x
Car: 1991 fairlady 300zx tt std rhd

1+2= Nissan has huge after market support and you can get parts locally or on the net but http://300zxclub.com has a ton of info there and a great classified adds forum thats a great place to score parts.3= best bang for the buck is twin turbo hands down but you can spend thousands and months collecting all the goodies and making all the mods to convert an NA to TT, but the best way is to remote mount the turbo's out back it has many advantages over conventional under hood installation the biggest benefit is removing the source of all the heat that kills the engine prematurely the engine doesn't know or care where all that heavily compressed intake charge is coming from. the 2nd benefit is you don't have to piss around changing the AC compressor PS pump rad mounts and rad etc. etc etc. Just rebuild your NA to TT specs they are essentially the same motor except for a few heavier duty parts and better flowing heads low compression pistons you should use TT pistons with wrist pins and oil pump and heads. I have a detailed build description with links and procedure I am currently working on packaging it as a kit and offering several different power levels and options.4= why would you ever want to do a skyline swap when the VG is as good if not better especially in a 300

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”