HX35 On stock RB25 Manifold No Cutting Just Some Welding

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

Very cool and I agree with adding an option for a v-band flange.

Now enable PM's so I can respond to the message you sent me! haha

opticnerv
Car: 89' Nissan 240sx SE

VBand flange it is :)

PM's enabled ! I thought I enabled it right after I PM'd you I must of not clicked on the submit button fire away :)

716RB
Car: RB25 Series 1 Swapped '89 240sx

I know this is digging up an old thread but I am currently putting together a list for a future turbo swap and am fairly set on the HX35 and I am liking the idea of using the stock manifold. My question is, and it may be a terrible one, would it be possible to simply make a spacer to fit the hx35 and use a gasket on either side as you would between the turbo and manifold and not weld it? However, I could see the issue of it being another weak point for a leak.

hungryjoseph
Car: s13 with rb25 and s13 with s14sr20

get the right studs and make sure the spacer flange you are using is decked flat on both sides. You're still going to need to drill and weld a flange on the manifold or turbine housing to get a bigger WG on it

716RB
Car: RB25 Series 1 Swapped '89 240sx

Yeah I had thought about that after I posted so I'd probably weld the spacer to the manifold anyways. I definitely plan on going with this manifold set up.
ninety1two40 wrote:I'm surprised it fits and doesn't hit the strut tower. This is my setup with a HX35:

But it needed another 1/2" spacer to clear the compressor housing and manifold

If you don't mind me asking what are the dimensions of the spacer?
Also, when it comes to welding on a v band flange for the wastegate, is it the overall outer diameter of the flange used to match the size wastegate you want. I.e. For a 44mm wastegate what size piping and flange do I use?

usererror

i did the same setup on my rb25 i used two 1/2 inch flanges and a v-band flange. i bought both the flanges and the v-band flange from frsport.com

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”