Hurray Harry Reid

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

What a toolbag.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWnkPV9-FJU[/youtube]

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

We already tossed a teaspoon of water on the forest fire! Why's it still burning?

bigbadberry3

1 billion in cuts >> than anything from the otherside.

WDRacing

bigbadberry3 wrote:1 billion in cuts >> than anything from the otherside.
You mean other then tax reform? BBB, plz don't stick up for Reid just because he's a Liberal. His statement was wrong on every level, with or without ANY concessions from the right. Anyone in our Gov that wants credit for 1 billion dollars in cuts when we're running 1.2 trillion deficit should be removed from office.

Giving the Gov more money without cutting spending does nothing to fix or problems. You're a teacher, I know you're at least a little bit educated. Liberal beliefs or not, you have to acknowledge that our Gov can't continue to run like this.

bigbadberry3

WDRacing wrote: You mean other then tax reform? BBB, plz don't stick up for Reid just because he's a Liberal. His statement was wrong on every level, with or without ANY concessions from the right. Anyone in our Gov that wants credit for 1 billion dollars in cuts when we're running 1.2 trillion deficit should be removed from office.

Giving the Gov more money without cutting spending does nothing to fix or problems. You're a teacher, I know you're at least a little bit educated. Liberal beliefs or not, you have to acknowledge that our Gov can't continue to run like this.
When you have something that is tangible and not just spit balling around, let me know.

Otherwise stop complaining, a billion dollars is better than nothing. It's a start.

WDRacing

I'm simply saying that going on TV and saying you deserve credit for cutting 1 billion dollars from our budget is stupid. Because it is. 1 billion is crap...utter crap. It IS nothing. It's lunch money compared to what is required. I'm not complaining about anything dude, what is the matter with you? I'm saying that Harry Reid is a shining example of why we're in the position we're in.

If you disagree and think that he's a champion for budget reduction by finding 1 billion dollars...well whatever, that's your right. But don't TELL me to stop complaining when all I'm doing is pointing out how bad of a job our elected officials are doing.

Find me some videos of Republicans declaring that they don't want to cut spending and I'll say the same thing about them.

This is entirely tangible because it shows how unwilling the Dems are to fix the problem. There are Moderates on both sides that know what it takes to fix this problem. I'm not even against the tax hikes, I just want them to have spending cuts that go with. Otherwise what are we doing?

bigbadberry3

I am not parading him as the savior by any means. But your representation of him is grossly misleading.

I'm for tax hikes, loop hole clsoing, and spending cuts for budget issues.

WDRacing

It's not misleading imho. He said it that...what could he have meant? Harry says ALL kinds of things that are jacked up dude. He's worse then Biden ever thought about being. I'm just upset by this because it's like he's looking right at me and calling me stupid. Like I'm going to be thankful for 1 billion in cuts.

Like I said, there are Moderates that should be sitting down daily and busting this out. Grover Norquist and his band of a$$hats can STFU and sit with Reid at the back of the bus. When we're running without a deficit and we're not occupying another country THEN we can lower taxes.

Return to “Politics Etc.”