Huge rock left round chip on my windshield today....

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

I was coming home from work today and a huge rock hit the upper part of my windshield today and chipped the glass. I saw the rock coming and it was like in slow motion moving through the air. At first I was pissed but then I thought if this thing hit my grill, hood, or headlights it would have caused some severe damage. I got a few quotes and all told me that it would cost $100 to repair which I think is cheap considering what a new grill or camera would cost if the rock hit it so I feel lucky. They guaranteed me that I would not see the damaged glass inside or outside once repaired. Has anyone ever had chipped windshield glass repaired? How does it look after? My damage is right where the blue window tint on top is. Will there be a spot where the chip is after the repair? Also I plan to have the repair done on Thursday. How long does it take for the glass to begin to spider web? I will put about 140 miles on the car until Thursday. Will it be ok?

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

don't wait, get it done SOON before any cracks start to spread. If you catch it and get it fixed, you won't be able to see anything.

majorloser
Car: Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey

I don't know about Joisey, but here in Florida the replacement of the windshield is covered by your insurance at no cost to the owner.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”