huge question considering bluebird swap

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
nismo96ka

i found a website with the sr20det motor with turbo, transmission, wiring harness, all cables, ECU, cam angle sensor, intake, alt. power steering pump, a/c, all brackets and cables and shift linkage all for $1,350?? i know the swap can be done. just wondering how hard it would be if it came with all this? i know i'd have to have a different MAF too. i've replaced the KA24DE in my car once already. (Missed shift, don't ask) I'm looking for more power with some reliability. I know i can turbo the KA but i've heard some bad things on that end. so how hard is the bluebird swap?

tm_94altima
Car: 1994 Nissan Altima

First, what site are you looking at? One site I was looking at a friend from Nico Club told me not to buy from. Second, I researched KA-T and for the power I want, it would take me about $6k to get everything setup. Lastly if you want a cheap option that would put you in the low 14sec area, a friend of mine hooked a 150 shot of nitrous to his U13 (auto, intake, exhaust) and was beating 350Zs and Bullitt Mustangs. That would be much cheaper and until you press the little button you would feel stock. He did this for about 4 months and he didn't change the oil and after it went dry his motor blew, but other than that it was pretty reliable. I may do this but I am not a big fan of nitrous and I am planning on doing the motor swap anyway.

nismo96ka

here's the website address estore.websitepros.com/768900/Categories.bok?category=JDM+Nissani'm not real big on nitrous either. local guy here has gone through 3 KA's using nitrous. i've looked at the cost of building the KA to make it reliable enough to make enough power to run high 13's and it's expensive. it's pretty quick as it as... i mean most the vehicles i run are low 15's high 14's and i've beaten more then one first year 4.6 mustang. i've just heard the SR swap into the altima is a B****

tm_94altima

I haven't heard of that site. That is the one I heard bad stuff about, but here is the site I am looking at: http://www.flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=155I don't know if they are reliable either but they sell a U13 front clip so it would come with most of the neccessary parts. They also sell the stuff neccessary for doing an AWD swap, but for that I believe you have to reshape the floor and get the AWD gas tank (among other things).

Here is a nice site about the Bluebird SSS 4wd: http://autospeed.drive.com.au/....html

slickster1013

Is that a good place to buy a motor from I wonder......

tm_94altima

slickster1013 wrote:Is that a good place to buy a motor from I wonder......
Which site? The one I mentioned or the one he mentioned? I would like to see if anyone from Nico has a good service and reliablity out of either of these companies.
Modified by tm_94altima at 2:25 PM 12/31/2005

nismo96ka

i was reading modified mag, and they highly recommended jazzproparts.com, i checked there and they have the bluebird swap for 1600 with same parts as estrore, but they offer free shipping. anybody else have experience with them??

Return to “Altima General Discussions”