hud problem

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
2slow

I have a problem with my hud on my 89 240. I had the gauge cluster tested by a friend. all the circuts are good every thing lighted up. But when installed in the car the mil light comes on, and the digi display does not work, but everything else works, tacho, ect, gas gauge and all idiot lights. I was wondering if there was a common problem with a jumper harness, or an updated part. Or is there a posibility to convert the car to the analog display.

thanks2slow

drjohn

If the dig. speedo is the only thing inop and the check light is on then check the code in the ecm, it should be vehicle speed sensor. It's likely a connection problem if the complete display lights when tested. Maybe a pin connector in the jumper harness spread and not making contact or a broken wire. I'll check on the repacement with a anolog dash.

2slow

thanks for your info. I'll try taking it apart and inspecting the wiringand inspect the speed sensor :D

2slow

Hey i figured it out. I actually converted my hud to a non hud in about fifteen minutes. I spent $28 at a local pick n pull and aquired a needle dash unit and jumper harness to the main harness. the hud dash unit uses a different jumper harness but the two plugs that plug into the main harness are the same as a needle type. i plugged in the jumper harness and the needle dash and test drove the vehicle. The mil light went off and the speedo worked. :thumbup

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”