A war crimes criminal captured ... responsible for ...

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

... 8000 deaths - "executions" - in Bosnia. More likely far more actual victims than that ...

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... tter-daily

He is going to be tried in court as a war criminal.

Hmmm ... I wonder why nobody sent in special forces (Seals or SAS) to get him and dump his body in the Mediterranean or something? He was being actively protected by "hardliners" ... in Serbia ... another country, no?

Ah, yes ... the victims were Muslims ... I forgot ... :tisk:

Z

BTW, don't get me wrong here. I am quite satisfied that Osama bin Laden is no longer with us. :yesnod I just find it interesting inre the double standards that are applied sometimes.

n00b240
Car: '03 6MT

I couldnt agree more

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Z-
I liked how you put that '8000 deaths - "executions" - in Bosnia'. TIME called them 8,000 Muslim Bosnians. We just call them Bosniaks. The Muslim term is a bit of a joke, used a propaganda tool.

But I get your point.. Interesting though. The difference is probably that NATO is hunting these war criminals down from the Bosnian Civil War and not the USA.

szh

I was listening to the radio this morning about this - I think it was there that I heard it called "execution" style killings (not in the Time.com article).

They were mostly all men and young boys ... the women and young girls were gang-raped - for months - before many of them died. :(

Z

szh

Cold_Zero wrote:The difference is probably that NATO is hunting these war criminals down from the Bosnian Civil War and not the USA.
Could be ... that is why I mentioned the SAS as a source of the forces that could have taken him out a while back. :yesnod

Z

Cold_Zero

szh wrote:I was listening to the radio this morning about this - I think it was there that I heard it called "execution" style killings (not in the Time.com article).

They were mostly all men and young boys ... the women and young girls were gang-raped - for months - before many of them died. :(

Z
I wasnt doubting the execution style nor the atrocities.

szh

Oh, I did not think you were doubting it ... I was just noting that the article did not mention it, so I figured I would clarify anyway. I think I had heard that phrase used on a radio program coming in to work this morning.

Z

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

Slightly off-topic, but you know what I like about this forum? I have yet to hear anybody go on an off-the-rails rant about Beslan, as an indictment of Muslims. I love my NICO

szh

Beslan was an indictment of human behavior for sure. A abhorrent event that no sane person can endorse in any way whatsoever.

But, it was more politically motivated than anything else, even though the perps were indeed called Islamic terrorists - the Chechen separatist folks drove that.

Z

Cold_Zero

szh wrote:Hmmm ... I wonder why nobody sent in special forces (Seals or SAS) to get him and dump his body in the Mediterranean or something? He was being actively protected by "hardliners" ... in Serbia ... another country, no?
As I have had some time to reflect on this. The answer is because Mladic didnt kill Americans, so it was not as pertinent to track him down at any cost. Although, one of the US commanding generals with NATO lamented that they didnt get him at the time when they were in Bosnia.

I hate to say this, but Srebrenica was payback for Valjevo. I am not implying that either massacre was justified, but 1804 runs pretty deep in the psyche of Serbians. This date and 1389.

I will leave you with a photo.. who are the two guys in the middle that exchanged hats? WAR CRIMINALS!

Return to “Politics Etc.”