HTC EVO bluetooth connectivity in the Juke

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

HTC EVO bluetooth connectivity in the Juke

Postby Beancooker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:58 pm

I have conquered the failing link between the HTC EVO bluetooth and the Juke!!!

Problem is the car thinks the phone is connected and the phone wont stay connected.

Do a hard reset of the phone. (Power off, when you power back on, hold the volume down button. Select "Clear Storage".

Phone will reset to NIB factory conditions.

When you get in the car, delete your phone from the car. Turn on bluetooth, and go through setting it up.

The phone will ask you if you want to connect to the car. Click "Yes" or "Accept"

Then the phone will have a second question. "Do you want to allow this device to access your phonebook?" Click "NO"

It will ask this question every time you start the car. Sometimes twice. Continue to click "NO". Once you click "Accept" your phone will lose connectivity again.

It's annoying, but it works.

I originally thought it was my phone. I had the IT department at work get me a brand new EVO. Still failed. I tried a spare EVO. It failed. Contacted Nissan. The EVO is not on their list of compatible phones. Not sure if it's a Nissan or HTC issue. At this point I don't care. It works, and I can talk handsfree.

DontJUKEmeMan

Re: HTC EVO bluetooth connectivity in the Juke

Postby DontJUKEmeMan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:28 pm

It seems a little harsh to have to erase your phone just to set up Bluetooth. I'm picking up my new JUKE on Monday and really hoping I don't have to erase my phone.

Beancooker

Postby Beancooker » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:13 am

Guess it depends on what phone you have... If you have the HTC EVO, unfortunately, you will have to. I wish it wasn't this way, however I have battled with this issue for a month. Two weeks ago I figured it out. The phone has been paired and automatically connects every time I start the car.

You may get it to pair and connect at first... for a while. Anywhere between 2 minutes and 40 hours. Then it will not stay connected.

I hate to be "doom and gloom" about having to hard reset your phone, but I have tried everything.

DontJUKEmeMan

Postby DontJUKEmeMan » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:09 pm

But what is it about the interface between the two that requires a complete wipe? I also have the EVO. But I am rooted using a custom ROM. Are you on stock Froyo?

Beancooker

Postby Beancooker » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 am

Yes, I am on stock Froyo. It's a work phone so I can't root it.

From what I have read in the phone forums, the problem started with this software upgrade; 3.70.651.1

After that upgrade, the bluetooth doesn't like to stay connected. For whatever reason it will stay connected, if I just decline the second authorization request.

DontJUKEmeMan

Postby DontJUKEmeMan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 pm

I will probably jinx myself but not only does my EVO flawlessly connect automatically it also displays the names from my contact list in the phone. I am unable to add any names to the JUKE's PhoneBook, however.

Beancooker

Postby Beancooker » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Hope it keeps working for you. If it still works in 72 hours, I'll be interested to hear. I hope it does. Mine displays the names in the phonebook too, even though I have denied access to that. I haven't tried any of the other options though. As long as I can talk I am good.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”