hr supercharger

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
cincysilvias14
Car: 2008 350z touring
2004 350z enthusiast

hey all, i have searched all over and can only seem to find the gtm super charger that leaves a stock look. anyone know if another company does this or am i going tt to keep that look?

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Define "stock look" no intercooler? Positive displacement? Centrifugal?

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Most "stock look" you're going to get is a remote mounted tc system. The new Stillen SC for the 370Z looks amazingly stock, the ones for the 350Z...not so much.

cincysilvias14
2004 350z enthusiast

BusyBadger wrote:Most "stock look" you're going to get is a remote mounted tc system. The new Stillen SC for the 370Z looks amazingly stock, the ones for the 350Z...not so much.
unfortunately you're right. I wanted to keep the full engine covers ect. like how the gtm kit looks (vid shows what im talking about.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rebRZ6SQZUI[/youtube]

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Yeah, there's not a lot of positivity aimed at GTM these days and a little Google time spent looking for then will tell you why.

HKS had a Rotrex supercharger avaialble for the DE for a while and it got pulled for some reason. I think they were looking to improve it because it wasn't as good as some other setups on the market and that probably didn't sit well with HKS. I would have picked one up but it didn't work on the RevUp. You ought to look around and see if they ever released one for the HR.

cincysilvias14
2004 350z enthusiast

BusyBadger wrote:Yeah, there's not a lot of positivity aimed at GTM these days and a little Google time spent looking for then will tell you why.

HKS had a Rotrex supercharger avaialble for the DE for a while and it got pulled for some reason. I think they were looking to improve it because it wasn't as good as some other setups on the market and that probably didn't sit well with HKS. I would have picked one up but it didn't work on the RevUp. You ought to look around and see if they ever released one for the HR.
i got a buddy whos hks authorized dealer. unfortunately you have to order a custom hks for the de and nothing from hks for hr besides turbo. and im not really wanting to go turbo if i dont have to.

I hear all about their customer service and refuse to have them work on it. but i just want the kit lol

cincysilvias14
2004 350z enthusiast

BusyBadger wrote:Yeah, there's not a lot of positivity aimed at GTM these days and a little Google time spent looking for then will tell you why.

i got a buddy whos hks authorized dealer. unfortunately you have to order a custom hks for the de and nothing from hks for hr besides turbo. and im not really wanting to go turbo if i dont have to.

I hear all about their customer service and refuse to have them work on it. but i just want the kit, but if their rep proceeds them looks like im going turbo i hate the way the stillen looks.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”