HowTo: Change The Air Filter (VQ35DE)

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Figured I'd put this out there for anyone who was interested in knowing how to change their engine air filter. I have a 2016 QX60 but this should apply to all JX35's or QX60s as of 2019 with the VQ35DE motor.

*Disclaimer* - I am not liable for anything you do to your car. This is just a basic walkthrough.

Task: Change the engine air filter on a JX35/QX60
Time: 5 minutes
Tools/Supplies Needed:
  • Air filter of your choice (I used the Purolator ONE Air Filter A24278 filter)
Process:

1) Open the hood the vehicle

2) Undo the two clips shows below to free the two halves the air filter assembly from each other:

3) Lift the top half up and pull the old filter out and do the reverse to drop the new filter in.

4) The top half of the air filter assembly has notches that fit into the below depicted holes. Tilt the top half down a bit in the rear, slide it into the holes, and then firmly press down and make sure the two halves line up. Once they do, simple re-do the clips from step 2 and secure the two halves together.

5) Enjoy your vehicle now breathing easier :).

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”