how will the HDD - Nav system be updated

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

The Nav system being HDD - how will we update it? I hope it's not a must go to the dealer deal!

Mark Booth

Most likely, it will be via a disc in the CD slot. I suspect they can compress the new Nav data and have the software uncompress it to the hard drive.

BTW, I sent and E-mail to Zenrin to tell them about a couple of navigation errors and they wrote back that they expect the first update to the EX35 to be available about August. I didn't ask them how it will be updated but I'll send a follow up now to ask that question.

BTW, Zenrin is the company that does the nav systems for all Infiniti models:'

http://www.zenrin.com

Mark

michel

great stuff Mark. looking foreward to the info. I wilalso ask my dealer next wednesday.

ciao for now

michel

by the way there is no info with regards to the EX at Zerin. I sent them an email and asked when they will add thEX info on the web site. wait and see. my guess is downloading the updates via the internet and then uploading the data on the flash card. I have a feeling the flash card slot will come in handy.

Mark Booth

When you use the "Data Error Report" option at the Zenrin site, it gives you an "HDD" selection (obviously, hard disk drive). When you click on that option it shows two versions for HDD... 8.0 and 8.1. I'm sure the EX35 has 8.1 but I'm uncertain how to double-check that.

Mark

michel

that was not an obvious discovery. Hopfully, I wont have to report any Data errors. How is the nav system working so far.

picking up mine on wednesday and really anxious.

Ciao for now

michel

well it's official, the NAV system will be updated via the flash card. the music box HDD will not copy MP3 because of copyright issues. there is a way around this, I hope I can find the right hacker or the music box feature is pretty useless.

Ciao for now

Mark Booth

Michel, Where did you get this "official" word on the Nav update? I haven't heard anymore from my dealer nor Zenrin other than being told that an update won't be available until mid year.

Mark

michel

michel

By the way Mark, I sense very little marketing knowledge on the EX35. It's a real problem when it comes to branding the Infinti family of products. They advertise so little compared to Lexus, you wonder how they manage to stay afloat.

their succes is really because of car design. I am not impressed with the marketing organisation and my dealer isn't as well. How can you explain the canadian website being updated only 2 weeks ago to include the EX35 in the line-up.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”