How to tell if '90 Stanza is XE?

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
nopeda
Car: 1990 Nissan Stanza

I'm trying to find half shafts, or CV joints? for my 1990 Stanza, but don't know how to tell if it's an XE or not. This is the info I have on it so far and hoped it would be enough, but noooo.... :

Manufactured: 02/90 VIN: JN1FU21PXLX806478 Model: FLU12WFEU10
Model Series: U12 Engine: KA24E Trans: MT (5 speed)

At Auto Zone they wanted to know if it's an XE or not. At Advance they didn't say anything about that but wanted to know if it's a non-slip differential or not. I don't know the answer to either question. Can anyone help me? What if someone needs to know how many liters? Can anyone tell me that?

Also I'll be taking it to a garage where the best price they could give me on the parts is $100 for one side and $130 for the other, so I'm trying to get parts on my own. Should I get any kind of gaskets or seals as well? Are re-furbs good enough since the car has over 200K miles on it already?

Thank you for any help and any suggestions about this project!
David

Dattebayo
Car: 2004 Frontier Desert Runner

alvator

try running a free vin decoder on vincheckpro.com, you'll get anything you need for this car after decoding it quickly.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”