How to stop airbag light?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
98_Q45

Been going on for awhile. Looked up some articles where it says to turn key on and off, press the door switch a few times, etc. but nothing so far. Already had clockspring replaced, had it scanned with the OBD and seemed to point to the passenger seat airbag. I had pulled it from a salvage where it seemed to be in pretty good condition. Not sure why the airbag light is on, short from just taking the seat apart...

Anyone had this before? I also pulled the speedometer and was going to pull the bulb while changing the mileage bulb...but apparently there doesn’t seem to be a way to pull the bulb out.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

There is usually a "without Consult" step by step in the FSM. If it works like it did with our 05 G35, it'll flash a code for the problem area as well. In my case it was a botched attempt at a safety recall by the dealership. 😑

ZiprHead
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45 base

Take it to a garage that's got a scanner that can read air bag codes. Most of the auto parts stores that do free scans don't have scanners that can read air bag system codes.

My airbag light has been on since I got the car. Took it to the garage I use and the scan said all the sensors were bad. The garage owner said in his experience, the main controller is the culprit. He said pull it and send it here for a cheap reset. http://www.myairbags.com/product/airbag-module-reset-3/

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”