how to replace the license plate bulbs on 2004 Quest

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
greenT
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest SE

just bought a 2004 quest SE. I wanted to replace the license plate bulbs (they re burnt out) with white lite bulbs. i had a 1999 quest, and it was easy to do on that one, but in my new 2004 i'm totally confused :gotme . how can i remove the lamp assemblies from under the boomerang shaped plate lite cover? there's no obvious way to do that. :wtf2:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHED SOME "WHITE LITE" ON THIS SUBJECT?

greenT

well, here i am again, still at a a loss! I've seen many quests like mine around town, and at nite their license plates are dark too. i guess this maybe easier than it looks, but i cannot figure out what to do. or the other quest owners. hope to hear from someone soon, as this really irks me. i'm leery about going to the dealer, since they may ask me to bring in the vehicle and sock me with a charge.

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Quest/2004_Quest/ei.pdf

page Ei-22 but i don't have that vehicle so i don't know if you need to remove that to get to the bulbs

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Quest/2004_Quest/lt.pdf

starts with what fuses to check for (15A) on page LT-110 & if you see the wiring diagram, it's running parallel with your tail lights <shrugs> i don't like electrical as much so you can just browse through that :whistle:

weird that you can't access them from the inner liftgate panel...

greenT

HEY RICE BIKE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! ALL I NEED TO DO, IS REPLACE THE LICENSE PLATE LIGHT BULBS,
ONE TURNS ON WHEN I TAP THE PLATE COVER, THE OTHER ONE MUST BE BURNT OUT. I WANT TO USE WHITE LIGHTS ON THE LICENSE PLATE, BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO REMOVE THE PLATE COVER TO GET ACCESS TO THE BULBS :confused: .

IM GONNA LOOK MORE CLOSELY AT IT, NOW THAT I HAVE A DIAGRAM OF HOW IT IS BOLTED TO THE BACKDOOR. ;)

HOPEFULLY IT WILL SHED SOME LITE ON THIS SUBJECT. IF I FIGURE IT OUT, U CAN B SURE I WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL HERE. :biggrin:

greenT

went to nissan to buy some parts, and spoke to a mechanic. he told me that i had to take off 2 screws that hold the inner door handle, and then pry the clips that hold the inner door plastic panel. like in rice bike's service manual. as soon as i do it, i'll let u all know. :biggrin:

greenT

found time to replace the bulbs at last! what a difference a few months make!
I removed the rear door cover, like the nissan tech explained to me. and removed the boomerang panel, it is screwed on in the inside of the door panel itself, then removed the lenses, cleaned them, and replaced the burnt bulbs wih a pair of sylvania white bulbs.

cost me $13.00 a piece, but you get what you pay for.
so thank you for all your responses, and green tea now has white license plate lights. :biggrin:

so we have a happy ending on that matter. and now we go on to the next situation.

check my next post for my new problem. i will post it separately.

Return to “Quest Forum”