DIY: How to replace key fob battery

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Hey everyone, I just had to replace he batteries in both of my key fobs and I figured I would show everyone how to do this.

QR25DE posted a step by step list of how to do this before but I'm going to include some pictures. His how to can be found here:

how-to-info-reset-ecu-pull-codes-reset- ... eplacement

Anyhow here is what you need:

1. A key fob with a dying or dead battery!

2. A CR2032 battery (These can be found at Walmart, and more easily at Walgreens)

Okay so now let's start with the first step:

1. Remove the physical key from the fob by sliding this little tab over and pulling the key out.

2. Next locate the seam on the side of the fob and pry it apart carefully. I just used my thumbnails and started at the top corner where the physical key was removed. You may be able to use a small flathead screwdriver in the little slots on the sides, or a nail file or anything skinny.

3. Now note the position of the battery in the fob and be careful not to touch any of the sensitive circuitry on the other side of the fob. Simply swap out the batteries.

4. Finally, aline the two fob halves and pop it gently back together!

NissAltima15
Car: 2015 Nissan Infiniti

Video showing how to replace the battery in the key fob. East DYI !!

https://youtu.be/h6Z6FqzZe6E

Return to “Altima General Discussions”