how to remove the dash and repair

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
JiNuDaVe

i need to remove my dash to (hopefully) fix some unsightly cracks. There's one running above the gauges and anotehr crack above the glove compartment. both crack run perpindicular (about) to the windows and run all the way to the vents

anyone have any tips on how to remove dashboard, patch it and such? planning to goto home depot for supplies

thanks in advnace

-dave

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

I would think that if you have to fix the exterior of the dashboard you could just leave it in the car. As for fixing it that could be hard and I have no idea how except for finding a new undamaged dash at a junkyard.

JiNuDaVe

thanks for the info speedracer

*bump* anyone else come across this problem?

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

You may just wanna find a new dash from a junkyard or something.

JiNuDaVe

how do you remove the dashboard? screw locations etc etc

R240NA

JiNuDaVe wrote:how do you remove the dashboard? screw locations etc etc

S13, or S14? Hell, I'm bored, here goes:s13, remove the kick panels first, one clip and two screws, then remove the 10mm bolt at the base of each corner that is now exposed. Next, remove the lower cover below the steering column, the glovebox, the center console, radio and trim. All these are attached with either phillips screws or 10mm bolts. The top defrost grille snaps out and there are two 10mm bolts behind, remove those. Under the dash, driverside, remove two 12mm bolts securing the column to the support, then remove the gauge cluster shroud and the cluster itself, all phillips screws here. There is a 10mm behind the cluster, remove it. The frame behind the glovebox is secured with 10mm bolts as well, remove it. This is general for both models, but the whole process is simple. The only other catch is on S14s, there is a hidden 10mm bolt behind the passenger side door vent cover.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”