How to remove dash/glovebox to access I30 cabin filter?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
shaneajohnson
Car: Infiniti I30 - 2001

I'm trying to remove the glovebox/lower dash to replace the cabin filter on my 2001 I30, but after removing four screws "in" the glovebox and two underneath the panel, nothing comes off. What am I missing? I hate to tug and pull too much because I don't want break anything or create any rattles. I'd appreciate any *details* on how to access the cabin filter. Thanks.

NISTECH

I know its been some time since this was posted and since the poster only has one post its likley he/she hasent come back and likly figured this out on thier own. BUT you remove the screws across the top including the ones for the latch striker then the ones under neath, pull the weather strip away from the door opening where it runs along the glove box assebly then you yank it away from the dash as it is still held in with a couple spring retainers along the sides of the assembly.

shaneajohnson
Car: Infiniti I30 - 2001

Thanks. I still hadn't figured it out, but the spring clips would explain why I couldn't pull it out. I was afraid I would break something, so I didn't yank too hard.

NISTECH

wow I am glad to see your still around.suprised you didnt just forget about the site. take some pics of your car and stick-em in the mebers ride section.

Welcome to nico.

Scott

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

NISTECH wrote:wow I am glad to see your still around.suprised you didnt just forget about the site. take some pics of your car and stick-em in the mebers ride section.

Welcome to nico.

Scott
Indeed, post some pics of your car; and don't forget to post a link in the general chat section. Welcome and hope you stick around.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”