How to put in new seat upholstery

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
240Extremist
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx se Fastback

Has anyone put new upholstery on their stock seats themselves? I am wanting to do it my self and I was wondering if anyone could help me with the steps on how to do it and if they had any pics of what theirs looked like when they were finished. I'm getting new black carpet and floor mats in it also. Keep in mind I want to do all this my self. Any help at all would be awesome.

teddy
Car: Saab Turbo and MR2

Did you buy some kind of upholstery kit, where everything is premade for you? One where you'd just remove the old cloth fabric and clips, and replace with the new fabric?

240Extremist
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx se Fastback

No, I didn't really know what was out there to get. I just want to replace the old interior with new. But I definitely want to do it my self. The carpet is pre cut and made to fit along with the floor mats.

fayceoff

I did my the leather wife's Lexus GS300, and it came out great. We got a kit from http://www.leatherseats.com that included all the leather and the hog-rings and hogring pliers for an extra $15. it's really easy, especially if you have an extra pair of hands. I think all together, it took me about 4 1/2 hours. I haven't done carpet.
Modified by fayceoff at 7:09 AM 11/25/2006

Mr.240SXka24
Car: 1992 Nissan Silvia S-13 (240Sx)

Do you have a website for the kit that you bought? that would really help to help you out.

Katskinz is a really good interior company, even tho i dont need to replace my sparco's

boznuttz
Car: MS13

i wonder if i should as well. my driver side seat is caked with what feels liek sweat and grime and....it feels disgusting.

fayceoff

Mr.240SXka24 wrote:Do you have a website for the kit that you bought? that would really help to help you out.

Katskinz is a really good interior company, even tho i dont need to replace my sparco's
The name of the site is http://www.leatherseats.com. They were getting rid of a two-tone set that someone had ordered and then never picked up. I think I paid around $680 shipped for the whole kit - might have been a little less. Everything fit like a glove, too. Here's the pictures... I wish I had taken some in the process.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bl...28869#
Modified by fayceoff at 7:10 AM 11/25/2006

nuts_and_screws

Better try the premade kit. If the clips no longer fit, try purchasing a new set. Auveco has a handful of sorts.

________________________________Auveco Body Hardware and Fasteners - Auveco Body Hardware and Speciality Fasteners

Return to “Interiors”