How to Permanently Disable Rear Brake Assist

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
wackenhut

I have a 2019 Rogue and drive around all the time with a rack attached to the back of the vehicle using the hitch. It is extremely inconvenient to have to manually disable the back up brake assist every time I start the car. Is there a way to permanently disable this feature? Any help would be great!

Thank you!!

macgiver

Snoop around your friendly neighborhood Nissan Dealership and "charm" the "auto electrician" into a SIDE-JOB rigging something up.
That way , you or the person who SAYS they know "how to" doesn't FRY your car :rotfl

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

If you knew you were going to have the rack on the back of the vehicle permanently why didn't think to ask if that particular safety option would impede it. Looks like you are stuck with it since I don't think anyone is going to permanently disable a vehicle safety option for you. I am so glad I didn't wait for a 2019 and went with a 2018 that does not have that option.

macgiver

Exactly, you would have an automatic "hold-in" relay setup which upon "hot in run" voltage signal energizes and "holds" as DISCONNECT to that "assist ckt" with every start - whereas you would push a rocker switch to release relay bringing to "stock". If you don't want automatic feature - simply KEEP rocker in that "disconnect" position. The crafty electrician would know how to rig this, looking at your wiring ckt of course.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Any dealer tech would be an idiot to disable that system, he does it then customer runs over somebody and then shop gets sued.

Having said that there is likely more than one way to do it, for instance, look at the 'inconvenient' way you're doing it now and then streamline that.

Return to “Rogue Forum”