How To: Part out a Toyota Celica GTFour RC

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
notslow
Car: Nissan Sileighty

Hey Everyone,you might remember the thread I started in February about the loss of my room mates' GTFour RC.

zerothread?id=313673

Well he has bought it back from ICBC and we have began stripping it. Last night was our first night and we started with the trunk and back seats. I know this has nothing to do with Nissans but I am sure it will be handy plus gutting limited edition cars is always fun.

We are doing this in a parking stall in my underground garage.

Pre Strip!As with most interior parts you want to gently remove the clips. This tool was handy for said job.With the panelling removed you can begin removing these bolts holding the tail lights and trim piece between the lights and bumperBump these out gently with a hammer.With the nuts removed you can remove the center trim piece.Remove the hidden screws for the tail lights. Unplug the connector to remove the center piece of the tail lightI was documenting my work. My roomie, however did not document taking out the back seats. I will try and get something rigged up as we strip it more tonight.

I think we will continue with the interior, working our way next to the seats, doors and then the dash board. After that will most likely be body parts and then all the mechanical.
Modified by notslow at 8:35 PM 4/28/2008

HigherRhymes

Man, I'm sorry to hear that there was an accident!

That car looked IMMACULATE.

Terrible loss, but its great that you're friend's okay.

Good luck selling whatever can be salvaged!

notslow

Day 2:We continued forward removing the seats and getting started on the console.If you ever need to randomly take off the rear glass trim. I would remove these screws first.most consoles have these style of clips lining the base. Gently using a pry tool should leave them unscathed.After a desired level of victory pound a beer and show your serious face.The shift cover and boot will need to be removed to take out the console.then you can move to these screws, you will need a driver.and these onesDon't forget to unplug the power cable under the driver seat. My friend almost ripped the seat out which would have led to a swift punch in gunt.

more either tonight or tomorrow.
Modified by notslow at 5:28 PM 4/30/2008

notslow

clearly it is difficult for me to remember things in the morning. Forget the memory card like all week haha.

here is moar

sans gauge clusterafter the glove box was removedmirror and tweeters are one of the few easy things to remove on this carremoving the door paneling... not so fun. There are 13 screws to remove. Its best to first pop off all the plastic coverings including the one with the audio system branding and the bolt covers along both sides of the door. There is screws hidden behind the door lever, in the arm handle and along the base of the door. Have fun if you ever do this.where did the dash go?Oh, there it is!this storage facility is creepy.

That is all for now folks. Next stop, exhaust!

hotrodhendrix1

I know im bringing a long dead thread back to life but if you still have celica parts hit me up please. Im looking for a few things.

~James

Return to “Others”